best consumer 3d printer

Evostatic343

i wana get a 3d printer my budget is 3000$ CAD 

what are my options and keep ease of use in mind cause im a noob to 3d printing.

if you are reading this you are wasting valuable time and should maybe rethink your life choices.

Do you need filament too?

Diamond 5 in League :)

i have a makerbot replicator 2 and it's pretty good but it's not perfect.

its really difficult to print in high resolutions and you only have one colour

but the software is easy to use and has enough features

also there are a lot of 3d models on thingiverse.com that instantly work with this printer.

the customer service is also very good, they reply very quickly and always want to help.

so i do recommend it if you want to play it safe, or you could step it up to their double-extruder version, but that version is NOT userfriendly

The Micro 3D isn't expensive and is perfect for 3D printing newbs. Successful Kickstarter project with $1M raised.

Red Dragon: CPU: i5-4670k @4.1GHz RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport MOBO: MSI Z87-G45 GPU: EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 4GB PSU: Corsair RM750 COOLING: Corsair H100i MAIN MONITOR: Asus VG248QE

Other Devices: PHONE: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge LAPTOP: Gigabyte P55W-BW1 DAC/AMP: Audioengine D1 DAC HEADPHONES: Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 Ohm Mic: Blue Snowball

The Micro 3D isn't expensive and is perfect for 3D printing newbs. Successful Kickstarter project with $1M raised.

what about the buccaneer? its cheap and looks good

also funded on kickstarter.

http://pirate3d.com/buccaneer

if you are reading this you are wasting valuable time and should maybe rethink your life choices.

what about the buccaneer? its cheap and looks good

also funded on kickstarter.

http://pirate3d.com/buccaneer

It's much more expensive. Cheapest models on their Kickstarter pages were $300 vs. $3000. What would you rather pick? He's a newb anyway, doesn't need an insane starter printer.

Red Dragon: CPU: i5-4670k @4.1GHz RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport MOBO: MSI Z87-G45 GPU: EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 4GB PSU: Corsair RM750 COOLING: Corsair H100i MAIN MONITOR: Asus VG248QE

Other Devices: PHONE: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge LAPTOP: Gigabyte P55W-BW1 DAC/AMP: Audioengine D1 DAC HEADPHONES: Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 Ohm Mic: Blue Snowball

Do you need filament too?

also there are a lot of 3d models on thingiverse.com that instantly work with this printer.

the customer service is also very good, they reply very quickly and always want to help.

so i do recommend it if you want to play it safe, or you could step it up to their double-extruder version, but that version is NOT userfriendly

so makerbot replicator 2 or replicator 5th gen. ?

if you want to spend the extra money then the replicator 5th gen

Yea, either one are great choices.

• 5 weeks later...

You can switch the printhead for dual extruders. It supports that. Then you can print in two colors.

Did you ever figure out what you are going to do?

You can switch the printhead for dual extruders. It supports that. Then you can print in two colors.

Whoops, forget what I said didn't read the last part correctly.