"Do You Look Like the Average PC Gamer?"

DoubleY

Found this cool article on Gizmodo depicting the average PC gamer

Do you look like this?

gamer.jpg

If you're a white male aged over 35 with slightly feminine features, maybe you do!

The composite picture above was put together by UK-based Runescape developers Jagex. At a recent event for fans of the game, it surveyed 1,000 players about their personal lives, and took 500 photos to create the eventual image above. So, Ok, really it's the average face of a RuneScape-playing PC gamer (though you'll be hard pressed to find a PC gamer that hasn't at least tried RuneScape!), but the survey did also turn out some interesting, perhaps surprising, statistics.
Most interesting of all is the finding that 18 per cent of the game's players are female, and that 34 per cent are aged over 35 years old -- shaking up the presumed norms that girls don't play videogames, and that gaming is the reserve of teenagers.

So, it isn't QUITE the average PC gamer, but more so the average Runescape player.

source: http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2014/05/do-you-look-like-the-average-pc-gamer/

nah, I don't look like that at all

"I have the perfect cure for a sore throat, cut it" - alfred hitchcock

i look nothing like that 

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

An average RS player would be much older.

They said that 34% are over age 35

nah, I don't look like that at all

i look nothing like that 

Really? I actually looks somewhat like that... except for the Mexican part :P

They said that 34% are over age 35

They said 18% of RS players are females and 34% of those female players are over 35 years old.

Nope, I've got pimples all over my face, my face is chubby and fat, my greasy hair is long and pokes up, I've got a mono-brow and that facial hair is just like mine currently, but I plan on growing a beard.

15, beard, brown. nuff said.

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

anyone else see a young JJ here?  :lol:

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

JJ is a tad big... erm... wider. But yes :P 

JJ is a tad big... erm... wider. But yes :P

-.-  also this kid looks chubby either way

-.-  also this kid looks chubby either way

How do you know what JJ looked like as a child?  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

How do you know what JJ looked like as a child?  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

i dont. he just looks like him, his face has the same features as the older JJ

Really? I actually looks somewhat like that... except for the Mexican part

I really don't look like that...at all

post-57681-0-68995900-1400307837.jpg

post-57681-0-68995900-1400307837.jpg

"I have the perfect cure for a sore throat, cut it" - alfred hitchcock

Not even close.

I have more of an androgynous look.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Im brown, i have glasses, facial hair, actual hair, a big scar on me check from running into a wall, i have a fucking massive nose, my eyes are slightly not level and my forehead isnt that big.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Nope. Not even close. That composite lacks a glorious beard and fantastic hair.

Combining all those faces like that ended up giving him really smooth skin, mainly because everything's blurred. A lot of skin tone, wrinkles, and ear shape get lost.

That said, I'm pretty sure that's my nose...

add 9 stone and 2 weeks facial hair and.....nope sitll not me

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Hmm maybe a little, but it's missing long hair and long beard (It's like 10 inches long by now)

-------

Current Rig

-------

Missing a well groomed moustache, glasses and hair. Oh, and the sexiness, completely missed that.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim