Sabotage the ethernet cable/connection stealthy without damaging it

I need a way to hinder my brother’s ethernet connection, but under the current circumstances i’m not smart enough to do this myself. So Lets get down to the deal.

i don’t have wifi but my pc do have LAN connection to the router, + the ethernet wire (The global one, don’t know how its called) go trough my room. Said router is inside his room. He changed the admin password for router settings and whitelisted only his PC. I could reset the router and superglue the reset button but right now that’s not the option, What could i do to break his ethernet temporarily when he plays videogames? Maybe there’s some form of a heatwave that can cause problems with the wire, or somehow ruin it trough cmd on my PC? His play list consists only of League of legends. 

I don't even know if we are allowed to help you with this but I am going to choose not to. Why would you even consider damaging something in order to be petty? Why does only your brother have access to the wifi/router settings?

My PC Specs: (expand to view)

Main Gaming Machine

CPU:  Intel Core i7-14700K
CPU Cooler: Deepcool LT720
Motherboard: MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws S5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000

Storage 1: Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB

Storage 2: Crucial P3 Plus 4 TB
Video Card: EVGA XC3 ULTRA GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Power Supply: Corsair RM850 850W
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow
Case Fan 120mm: Noctua F12 PWM 54.97 CFM 120 mm (x1)
Case Fan 140mm: Noctua A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140 mm (x2)
Monitor Main: MSI G274QPF-QD 27.0" 2560 x 1440 170 Hz
Monitor Vertical: Asus VA27EHE 27.0" 1920x1080 75 Hz

4 minutes ago, Masturbeast said:

I need a way to hinder my brother’s ethernet connection, but under the current circumstances i’m not smart enough to do this myself. So Lets get down to the deal.

i don’t have wifi but my pc do have LAN connection to the router, + the ethernet wire (The global one, don’t know how its called) go trough my room. Said router is inside his room. He changed the admin password for router settings and whitelisted only his PC. I could reset the router and superglue the reset button but right now that’s not the option, What could i do to break his ethernet temporarily when he plays videogames? Maybe there’s some form of a heatwave that can cause problems with the wire, or somehow ruin it trough cmd on my PC? His play list consists only of League of legends. 

I love parents who can't keep siblings from fighting 😉

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

Just now, TylerD321 said:

I don't even know if we are allowed to help you with this but I am going to choose not to. Why would you even consider damaging something in order to be petty? Why does only your brother have access to the wifi/router settings?

Well its personal, yes. I noticed similar old question on this forum, and there was an answer, but its not really what i’m seeking for. My PC started giving off POST errors, that never happened before the latest conflict, so thats where the pettiness comes from.

1 minute ago, Dedayog said:

Fair observation.

Just now, Masturbeast said:

Well its personal, yes. I noticed similar old question on this forum, and there was an answer, but its not really what i’m seeking for. My PC started giving off POST errors, that never happened before the latest conflict, so thats where the pettiness comes from.

Internet access has nothing to do with POST errors. Check your motherboards manual to see what isn't working correctly via debug lights / beeping.

Main Gaming Machine

1 minute ago, TylerD321 said:

Internet access has nothing to do with POST errors. Check your motherboards manual to see what isn't working correctly via debug lights / beeping.

Router settings access*

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

Just now, TylerD321 said:

Forgot to mention that the error beep indicates something wrong with the GPU, but sometimes it’s turns on just fine, and the said GPU passes all tests. Already tried removing and installing it again, nothing changes.

1 minute ago, Needfuldoer said:

You both need to grow up. Childish, petty escalation is only going to make your conflict worse.

Nothing he did to the router could possibly cause you GPU issues.

It is childish, and we are both need to grow up. But i’m asking about making his ethernet connection worse, not a behavioural advice. And i never said that those network issues could do something to my GPU, nor PC.

2 minutes ago, Masturbeast said:

And i never said that those network issues could do something to my GPU, nor PC.

So what was this?

12 minutes ago, Masturbeast said:

My PC started giving off POST errors, that never happened before the latest conflict, so thats where the pettiness comes from.

Or are you saying that you're just mad about your PC having issues from unrelated causes and you want to take that out on your brother?

These forums are for help with real technical problems, buddy. You and your brother being little shits to each other isn't a technical problem, and I doubt anybody here who had a "solution" would consider it ethical to post it where some other rando could find the information and use it against their family members/co-workers/etc over some other petty nonsense. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

4 minutes ago, Masturbeast said:

It is childish, and we are both need to grow up. But i’m asking about making his ethernet connection worse, not a behavioural advice.

Maybe try other place

As @TylerD321 have said, and I quote : "I don't even know if we are allowed to help you with this but I am going to choose not to."

I'm not sure peoples there can be as civil with their replies as peoples here though.

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

3 minutes ago, Middcore said:

So what was this?

Or are you saying that you're just mad about your PC having issues from unrelated causes and you want to take that out on your brother?

These forums are for help with real technical problems, buddy. You and your brother being little shits to each other isn't a technical problem, and I doubt anybody here who had a "solution" would consider it ethical to post it where some other rando could find the information and use it against their family members/co-workers/etc over some other petty nonsense. 

Again, i have a problem, and need the solution i’m asking for, and getting completely unrelated answers. What do you define as a “real tech problem” anyway? If you don’t have anything better to say, don’t spam out the feed please.

2 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

Maybe try other place

As @TylerD321 have said, and I quote : "I don't even know if we are allowed to help you with this but I am going to choose not to."

I'm not sure peoples there can be as civil with their replies as peoples here though.

Alright, i will be mindful of that, thanks.

3 minutes ago, Masturbeast said:

Again, i have a problem

What do you define as a “real tech problem”

Your problem is a personal conflict with your brother. You aren't asking for a solution to a technical issue, you're asking for a way to cause a problem for someone else. You aren't going to get the "solution" you're asking for here, and what you call spam is me and others telling you that with exceeding politeness, although my patience is running thin and I suspect the same is true for others. 

If you want to find out what's wrong with your GPU or your system not POSTing intermittently, you can post on the Troubleshooting subforum and people will be happy to assist you with that. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

10 minutes ago, Masturbeast said:

Again, i have a problem, and need the solution i’m asking for, and getting completely unrelated answers. What do you define as a “real tech problem” anyway? If you don’t have anything better to say, don’t spam out the feed please.

Your POST errors can be "real tech problem" that is suitable for Troubleshooting sub-forum.

https://linustechtips.com/forum/46-troubleshooting/

And in my personal opinion should be what you're focusing about instead of finding out how to sabotage a family member.

As for your original request it can be borderline illegal IMHO, and we have rules about it.
As for access, we don't even help people bypass a security measure for something they claim to be their own stuffs, even if it means the person won't be able to get past BIOS.

Yes, even if they provide us with pics and all as proof.

Refresh before you reply

13 minutes ago, Masturbeast said:

If something is broken and you need help fixing it, that is a "real tech problem." If you need to know how something works, that is a "real tech problem." We help people fix things and lean on the communities' experience and expertise. There are things I know and can help people with - there are also things that I don't know and need help with. It is not a part of this hobby to deliberately make someone's life harder or ruin technology.

Here is a post I made a few days ago where I was able to get extremely helpful information for reference. I would say a good 95%+ of the posts here have constructive information. 

Main Gaming Machine

52 minutes ago, Masturbeast said:

What you need to do is have a mature conversation with your brother about whatever it is y'all are fighting about. Speaking as a guy with a slightly older brother who didn't have a good relationship with him until we were adults, if you sabotage that relationship enough before that point, I imagine it can become impossible to restore. 

Sometimes you have to be the mature one, even if they're older.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

59 minutes ago, Dedayog said:

I mean all siblings fight some. I guess this is just the new generations version of fighting. 

37 minutes ago, Masturbeast said:

Alright, i will be mindful of that, thanks.

Does your brother have to use this computer for homework?

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

56 minutes ago, Masturbeast said:

We're not helping you sabotage your brother's computer.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

-= Locked =-

The forum is not going to assist you in malicious actions against others.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER