Should I risk F-ing it up?

Delicieuxz

I recently bought a refurbished Asus PG329Q monitor for a great price. The monitor is flawless in its display and cosmetic condition, so I think it was a great buy. The monitor base, though, is missing a rubber foot pad on one of its legs, which is the only issue with the monitor. Asus has told me they don't have spare foot pads, but can send me a replacement base. It's not a new base, but is a spare they have, and apparently has some scratches on it: "If this is okay do you mind the scratches on the base (not brand new, found the spare one)".

The base that came with my monitor is in perfect condition, apart from missing the one foot pad. Should I peel the foot pad out of the replacement and move it onto the original, to have a base without scratches (but maybe the foot pad won't stay in place), or use the replacement base with intact foot pads and apparently some scratches? Is there an adhesive material that will bond the foot pad into my original base very securely?

Both these images are of different legs from my monitor's original base.

20230828_195918.thumb.jpg.a5c5ad1aff749f88fdb7a01b90fa9ff1.jpg20230828_195937.thumb.jpg.3a25017a04544f4eaca7c8ce8902b473.jpg

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

You can just glue the pad on it with cyanoacrylate glue. Pretty sure you could literally put any old piece of rubber about the same height on there and it would work just the same without the need for a whole new base.

There's next to nothing to "f up" here if you get the base Asus sends you and remove a pad underneath it to glue on yours.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

4 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

I recently bought a refurbished Asus PG329Q monitor for a great price. The monitor is flawless in its display and cosmetic condition, so I think it was a great buy. The monitor base, though, is missing a rubber foot pad on one of its legs, which is the only issue with the monitor. Asus has told me they don't have spare foot pads, but can send me a replacement base. It's not a new base, but is a spare they have, and apparently has some scratches on it: "If this is okay do you mind the scratches on the base (not brand new, found the spare one)".

The base that came with my monitor is in perfect condition, apart from missing the one foot pad. Should I peel the foot pad out of the replacement and move it onto the original, to have a base without scratches (but maybe the foot pad won't stay in place), or use the replacement base with intact foot pads and apparently some scratches? Is there an adhesive material that will bond the foot pad into my original base very securely?

Both these images are of different legs from my monitor's original base.

A simple double tape should do IMHO.
I believe it's the most non-possibly damaging option.

The weight of the monitor will do the rest of the job.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

3 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

Is there an adhesive material that will bond the foot pad into my original base very securely?

No need for adhesive. It was likely held on with a double sided tape to begin with. They make thing clear double sided tape. I would use that. Just cut to size.

Here is an example.

The 3M VHB tape you usually see mentioned would be thicker, and not likely what would be used in this application.