PC case with sturdy / good frame?

Melodist

What's in your opinion are the PC cases with the studiest frame / rigidity?

Do Be Quiet cases fall under the category?

How do popular case such as the Lian Li 216 and Fractal North peform?

8 minutes ago, Melodist said:

What's in your opinion are the PC cases with the studiest frame / rigidity?

Case Labs (RIP). 

8 minutes ago, Melodist said:

Do Be Quiet cases fall under the category?

Eh, the Silent Base 802 I've got is a little creaky since the legs are plastic. The rest of the case is fine and I do still like the case, but this will depend on the exact model that you get how good it is. 

11 minutes ago, Melodist said:

How do popular case such as the Lian Li 216 and Fractal North peform?

Both are great, highly recommend either of them. I prefer building in the 216, but both cases are very solid. 

Unless you plan to be parachute airdropping your PC into warzone forward operating bases, this really isn't a thing worth worrying about. The case is a box that sits stationary on or under your desk. Cases aren't really subject to any forces that would warp or crush the frame, and they're not really manufactured with extreme structural rigidity in mind. The filmiest case you could buy isn't going to collapse doing anything you would normally do with a PC case, and the sturdiest PC case you can buy isn't going to survive, say, being hit by a truck. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

18 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Case Labs (RIP). 

Eh, the Silent Base 802 I've got is a little creaky since the legs are plastic. The rest of the case is fine and I do still like the case, but this will depend on the exact model that you get how good it is. 

Both are great, highly recommend either of them. I prefer building in the 216, but both cases are very solid. 

I mainly look at the quality of the frame, where you'd take the sides off and it would still be rigid, like a Mac Pro for example, which used to be my daily driver till 2016.

Just want the frame to hold itself and be sturdy, not flexing.

"It flexed easily without a GPU installed".  

Screenshot_20230927_152452_YouTube.thumb.jpg.f69c10b67d421dd4b666f412151c8912.jpg

No thank you, who'd buy such a case when it's not even stable without a GPU installed wtf.

3 hours ago, Melodist said:

"It flexed easily without a GPU installed".  

Screenshot_20230927_152452_YouTube.thumb.jpg.f69c10b67d421dd4b666f412151c8912.jpg

No thank you, who'd buy such a case when it's not even stable without a GPU installed wtf.

Are you going to use it without a GPU installed? I can't tell whether you think it will flex more with a GPU or if you think the GPU is a structural member that adds rigidity.

Is manhandling the case to try to get it to flex something you think you'd do a lot in regular day-to-day usage? 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

11 hours ago, Middcore said:

Unless you plan to be parachute airdropping your PC into warzone forward operating bases, this really isn't a thing worth worrying about. The case is a box that sits stationary on or under your desk. Cases aren't really subject to any forces that would warp or crush the frame, and they're not really manufactured with extreme structural rigidity in mind. The filmiest case you could buy isn't going to collapse doing anything you would normally do with a PC case, and the sturdiest PC case you can buy isn't going to survive, say, being hit by a truck. 

It doesn't have survive a truck collision loI. Just want a case whose frame doesn't require the side panels to complete it's structural integrity.

How are nowadays' Be Quiet cases doing?

Just now, Melodist said:

It doesn't have survive a truck collision loI. Just want a case which's frame doesn't require the side panels to complete it's structural integrity.

Are you going to use the case without the side panels? 

8 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Are you going to use the case without the side panels? 

For testing a build I used to do that yes but now I have to be afraid that it'll flex and I'd have to put the case fully together before finishing the wiring and testing.

Is it really such a high demand to have a case's frame hold together by itself nowadays?

Would you buy a cooler that falls apart when you take the fan off?

Or the radiator of an AIO that is split into 3 pieces, tubes in between and holds together once you attach it to the case?

The level of complacency when it comes to the quality of cases is frighteningly high.

Anything is just as strong as the weakest link in the chain.

1 minute ago, Melodist said:

For testing a build I used to do that yes but now I have to be afraid that it'll flex and I'd have to put the case fully together before finishing the wiring and testing.

You don't have to put cases together. They come put together out of the box. 

Is it really such a high demand to have a case's frame hold together by itself nowadays?

The cheapest, shittiest case you can buy will meet this bar. 

The level of complacency when it comes to the quality of cases is frighteningly high.

You're obsessing over stuff that doesn't matter. 

59 minutes ago, Middcore said:

You don't have to put cases together. They come put together out of the box. 

The cheapest, shittiest case you can buy will meet this bar. 

You're obsessing over stuff that doesn't matter. 

Apparently people aren't thinking at all otherwise they wouldn't buy a connector from a third party for their 4090 that pushes over 450 watts over a single cable.

And then even people like Steve have sloppy, I don't care reviews where the same problem he mentions occurs in another product and he fails to point it out.

10 minutes ago, Melodist said:

Apparently people aren't thinking at all otherwise they wouldn't buy a connector from a third party for their 4090 that pushes over 450 watts over a single cable.

I have no idea what this has to do with case build quality. 

10 minutes ago, Melodist said:

And then even people like Steve have sloppy, I don't care reviews where the same problem he mentions occurs in another product and he fails to point it out.

I don't know what you're specifically referring to because it kind of seems like you're just ranting now, but if you're trying to say GN does this "flex test" on some cases and not others, or points out "flex" on some and not others, I'd say it would be better they don't do it at all because it's not really relevant and will just give people needless anxiety. (Not that it would be the first time that GN has given people a a lot of stress by pointing out stuff that's "technically correct" or "ideal world best practice" that isn't likely to actually make a difference for most users, god love 'em.)

The cheapest, flimsiest case on the market will hold together and stand up straight well enough to build and run your PC in. When people talk about poor case build quality, what they're typically talking about is things like poor tolerances, sharp metal edges, and other things that make the case unpleasant to work in. They don't mean it's going to literally fall apart with your build in it. The forces a case is subject to in having a PC built inside it are just not that great. 

If you obsess over things like this in selecting your case, all you're really going to get is anecdotes from various people. This isn't something reviewers usually pay much attention to, because there's no reason for them to do so. 

On 9/27/2023 at 7:29 AM, RONOTHAN## said:

Case Labs (RIP). 

Any other case that you can recommend than the 802?

I'm building a case for audio production but it doesn't have to be nose isolated, just need something solid with good airflow.

PS: Didn't like the flex on the North.

10 hours ago, Melodist said:

Any other case that you can recommend than the 802?

I'm building a case for audio production but it doesn't have to be nose isolated, just need something solid with good airflow.

PS: Didn't like the flex on the North.

build that case your self...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links