Upside down aio cooler

ano_os11
Go to solution Solved by Alex Atkin UK,
2 minutes ago, ano_os11 said:

How about the water pump? Which is right between the two ? Black or white ? 

IMG_5401.jpeg

IMG_5409.jpeg

As long as the cold plate on the pump head is making the same amount of contact and covering the CPU heatspreader the same, it shouldn't matter.  Does the manual not mention any of this?

That's likely more about which way it will fit and making the pipes reach depending on where your radiator is.

Maybe you could mount the radiator the other way up if the pipes were on the right, but will that fit next to the RAM?

Is this all right the aio is upside down ? 

IMG_5409.png

Its not optimal, as it can be louder as any air in the loop will gather at the top of radiator and potentially bubble a bit if it doesn't completely cover where the pipes are.  But it should otherwise operate the same unless there's a really excessive amount of air in the loop.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

4 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Its not optimal, as it can be louder as any air in the loop will gather at the top of radiator and potentially bubble a bit if it doesn't completely cover where the pipes are.  But it should otherwise operate the same unless there's a really excessive amount of air in the loop.

IMG_5401.jpeg

IMG_5409.jpeg

IMG_5401.jpeg

IMG_5409.jpeg

As long as the cold plate on the pump head is making the same amount of contact and covering the CPU heatspreader the same, it shouldn't matter.  Does the manual not mention any of this?

That's likely more about which way it will fit and making the pipes reach depending on where your radiator is.

Maybe you could mount the radiator the other way up if the pipes were on the right, but will that fit next to the RAM?

WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)

Ok so the rad is higher than the pump so air wont be stuck in the block and ruin the pump that is good!

What is a bit annoying with that is that air will keep moving because its now at the top of the pipes and you can hear that.

However performance or longevity wise ZERO impact

As long as the radiator is higher than the pump all is good!

26 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

It’s not mentioned in the manual a drawing only. Yes it will not fit because it’s blocking the ram slot. For context this is my set up 😅

IMG_5412.jpeg

IMG_5394.jpeg

1 minute ago, ano_os11 said:

It’s not mentioned in the manual a drawing only. Yes it will not fit because it’s blocking the ram slot. For context this is my set up 😅

IMG_5412.jpeg

IMG_5394.jpeg

Yeah just turnnit around 180°

5 minutes ago, ano_os11 said:

For context this is my set up 😅

IMG_5394.jpeg

I'm so triggered right now by the missing IO panel, that's going to allow a lot of dust in - though if it doesn't have intake filters that could be an issue regardless.

I also hope that case has tall feet you can fit to allow enough air to come in from the bottom.

7 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

I'm so triggered right now by the missing IO panel, that's going to allow a lot of dust in - though if it doesn't have intake filters that could be an issue regardless.

I also hope that case has tall feet you can fit to allow enough air to come in from the bottom.

Other inplay itx cases I've seen act as mini o11 dynamics (not the itx one) but this one looks similar but also different

So for op if its like the others add fans on the aio as INTAKE, side as INTAKE, and bottom as INTAKE

15 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Sorry 😅 i forgot I’m still building it 😅 and Im putting some additional feet so it can be higher ✌️

Can I plug this to a regular cpu fan or system fan Socket ?

image.jpeg.97599a042e567fce69340a8981fa9da5.jpeg 

2 hours ago, ano_os11 said:

Can I plug this to a regular cpu fan or system fan Socket ?

image.jpeg.97599a042e567fce69340a8981fa9da5.jpeg 

The pump needs to be connected to the pump header, and the fan to the CPU header, otherwise they are not moving related to the CPU temp. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

the AIO has no set orientation that it has to be in. its just not as effective to have it most ways other than the rad at the top of the case and unless you plan on using those other two RAM slots (i wouldnt) then there is no issue with having it like how it is in the manual. the main thing is how are the temps?