Graphics Card (RTX 3070) randomly turns off

DMBXK

Hi, my Graphics Card randomly turns off sometimes, sometimes instantly after starting the PC and logging in to Windows, and sometimes after 3-6 hours of Gaming.
I am unable to identify the Problem and it is not reproducable. When it turns off, all Screens go Black and like 1 minute after that, the PC Crashes/Bluescreens i believe? I don't know since i can't see.
I have narrowed the Problem down to the Grphics card, i have tried everything else. Reinstalled Drivers, reinstalled Windows, tried different Monitors, different Cables, different PCIe Slots, even an entirely different PC. As I said, this is not reproducable, it just randomly happens. Not under load, not overheating, i have literally tried everything i could. 

Please excuse me if my description is unclear, English is not my first language.

My PC:

CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K | 8x 3.80 GHz, 16MB L3-Cache    
Mainboard: MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Z490    
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB | Gigabyte Gaming OC    
RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000 | 2x 16GB    
SSD: 250GB Samsung 860 EVO    
HDD: 1TB Seagate BarraCuda Compute    
PSU: 750W - Gigabyte P750GM 

If someone has any Ideas i could try, please share them.
I hope the GPU isn't cooked, it's a little over 3 years old.

8 minutes ago, DMBXK said:

even an entirely different PC

Does it work in reverse? E.g. if you use a different graphics card in your PC, then it is fine?

If so, it sounds like your graphics card is broken, unless there's an issue with the display output (does HDMI or DP have the same issue?).

Does it happen literally "after" gaming, as in, when you leave the game? If so, you could try fixing the clocks out of their idle state (and the fan too, of course), since the card might have a problem switching between idle and 3D.

2 hours ago, Tetras said:

Does it work in reverse? E.g. if you use a different graphics card in your PC, then it is fine?

If so, it sounds like your graphics card is broken, unless there's an issue with the display output (does HDMI or DP have the same issue?).

Does it happen literally "after" gaming, as in, when you leave the game? If so, you could try fixing the clocks out of their idle state (and the fan too, of course), since the card might have a problem switching between idle and 3D.

Hi, i just tried the different Graphics Card in my PC and there seems to be no issue.
I also i tried different Cables and connections and there seems to be no Issue aswell.

It literally happens randomly, even when not gaming, just browsing or watching youtube.

On 9/21/2023 at 4:37 PM, DMBXK said:

Hi, my Graphics Card randomly turns off sometimes, sometimes instantly after starting the PC and logging in to Windows, and sometimes after 3-6 hours of Gaming.
I am unable to identify the Problem and it is not reproducable. When it turns off, all Screens go Black and like 1 minute after that, the PC Crashes/Bluescreens i believe? I don't know since i can't see.
I have narrowed the Problem down to the Grphics card, i have tried everything else. Reinstalled Drivers, reinstalled Windows, tried different Monitors, different Cables, different PCIe Slots, even an entirely different PC. As I said, this is not reproducable, it just randomly happens. Not under load, not overheating, i have literally tried everything i could. 

Please excuse me if my description is unclear, English is not my first language.

My PC:

CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K | 8x 3.80 GHz, 16MB L3-Cache    
Mainboard: MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Z490    
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB | Gigabyte Gaming OC    
RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000 | 2x 16GB    
SSD: 250GB Samsung 860 EVO    
HDD: 1TB Seagate BarraCuda Compute    
PSU: 750W - Gigabyte P750GM 

If someone has any Ideas i could try, please share them.
I hope the GPU isn't cooked, it's a little over 3 years old.

Try following these directions and see if you can get evidence of the crashing.  The files might help us troubleshoot.  You can also open Event Viewer in Windows and see what the Event Viewer logs say.

Also, your English is great 😃

There is approximately a 117% chance I edited my post.

Please refresh before you reply.

Did a post solve your issue?  Please mark it as the solution!