Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H or MSI Z97-G45 GAMING?

So I'm going to build my first system soon (mid June) and I'm constantly changing the components.

I'm not sure between these two MoBos. The Gigabyte one will look better with the GPU I'll get (Sapphire 280x Tri-X), but the MSI one should have a better sound card and internet connection. As long as I heard I know that both have good OCing capability and great BIOS.

Oh, by the way, what RAM would look good with these motherboards?

Thanks,

The Slimy Pig.

I would go the UD3H because I don't like red and black. As for RAM I would recommend some HyperX Fury in Black.

Quote me to get a reply!

I'd go with ASUS to be honest due to bad times with Gigabyte. But I have never had an MSI, but I know for sure ASUS is gud.

Corsair 230T Black with red LEDs • AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core • Cooler Master Seidon 120V 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 ATX AM3+  Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (2 x 4GB) Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB (2 x4GB)  NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB • Corsair RM 650W • Windows 10 • Logitech G403 + G810 • Audio Technica ATH-TAD300 • 1TB Seagate HDD x 2 256GB SanDisk SSD

I'm kinda biased on this but I'd say msi.

but if it were me buying I'd love to get that gigabyte motherboard because it just looks like sex. ( I like it personally).

Ram would be G.Skill, corsair, kingston with any 1600mhz cl9 2x4gb or 2x8gb. you should be gold.

Live your life like a dream.

I'd go with ASUS to be honest due to bad times with Gigabyte. But I have never had an MSI, but I know for sure ASUS is gud.

Asus is the best producer of MoBos but they cost to much for my budget.

Ah, fair enough, if there is any ASUS mobo in your price range it will be fine. To be honest gaming mobos aren't that much different from regular ones IMHO.

Corsair 230T Black with red LEDs • AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core • Cooler Master Seidon 120V 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 ATX AM3+  Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (2 x 4GB) Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB (2 x4GB)  NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB • Corsair RM 650W • Windows 10 • Logitech G403 + G810 • Audio Technica ATH-TAD300 • 1TB Seagate HDD x 2 256GB SanDisk SSD

try to look into which brand has good customer service in your area.

example would be evga = very good legendary customer service but their customer service here in my country is non existent.

but if it were me buying I'd love to get that gigabyte motherboard because it just looks like sex. ( I like it personally).

Ram would be G.Skill, corsair, kingston with any 1600mhz cl9 2x4gb or 2x8gb. you should be gold.

I totally agree with you about the looks of the MoBo, but i hate G.Skill RAM for the looks, and I'm looking for 1600Mhz 2x4GB RAM  

I totally agree with you about the looks of the MoBo, but i hate G.Skill RAM for the looks, and I'm looking for 1600Mhz 2x4GB RAM  

try and take a look at kingston they make colorful rams xD

Why would you go MSI by the way?

Why would you go MSI by the way?

well reason for msi for me would be the customer service in my country. where as asus make nice motherboards yes but their customer service here is almost non-existent.

They have a Z97 board for almost every budget....

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

So I'm going to build my first system soon (mid June) and I'm constantly changing the components.

I'm not sure between these two MoBos. The Gigabyte one will look better with the GPU I'll get (Sapphire 280x Tri-X), but the MSI one should have a better sound card and internet connection. As long as I heard I know that both have good OCing capability and great BIOS.

Oh, by the way, what RAM would look good with these motherboards?

Thanks,

The Slimy Pig.

I prefer MSI boards.  Asus boards seemed to really drop the ball on Z87.  I was browsing Newegg the other day and most Asus boards pulled 2-3/5 stars.  Gigabyte UEFI and fan control sucks....

I don't want to be harsh, but i'm not looking for personal preferences, but i want to know the reasons i should get one or the other.

MSI's Z87 gaming line is good.  I haven't heard any notorious issues with it.  The Gigabyte board I have heard has stability problems using 4 DIMMs, but I think that turned out to be just a matter of setting the voltages manually when using 4 DIMMs, which a lot of reviewers never tried.  Overall Gigabyte's boards are well-built and solid feeling.  The overclocking will probably be a bit better on the Gigabyte, but should be pretty decent on either board.  I haven't had hands-on experience with MSI's BIOS and only minimal with Gigabyte's Z87 BIOS, so I can't really comment on that.  Both of them are good boards overall, I don't think you'll be disappointed either way.

(And, G.Skill Snipers or black HyperX Fury would go well with the MSI, Kingston HyperX Black with the Gigabyte)