Ps5 fan

Fzone

Hello, after my launch ps5 actually died on me i got a newest revision cfi 1200 series.  Hoewer my new ps5 fan has ufo sounds just like nidec fan does even tho my fan is delta. Curious i counted up the blades and newer delta fans have about 17 or 18 longer blades then launch models.  Is the high pitching sound coming from delta fan normal since its designed a lot more simmilar tp nidec now.  I dont have cooling problems only the noise.  So how normal is it? 

I don’t know how you could fix the problem but I can tell you that it’s not normal. I have the launch version and it does barely any noise.

7 minutes ago, nmsxsu said:

I don’t know how you could fix the problem but I can tell you that it’s not normal. I have the launch version and it does barely any noise.

Listen this until the end. I think it has that ufo sound cuz they took a lot after nidec design as it was proven it cools console the best even tho it has ufo sound. 

1 minute ago, Fzone said:

Listen this until the end. I think it has that ufo sound cuz they took a lot after nidec design as it was proven it cools console the best even tho it has ufo sound. 

Yeah mine doesn’t do that. It’s definitely weird, but if it doesn’t affect your cooling as you said and it’s not too loud I’d stick with it. Maybe try to put your PS5 vertically if you can? A friend of mine told me that he heard less noise this way (I always had it vertical so I can’t tell). 

5 minutes ago, nmsxsu said:

Yeah mine doesn’t do that. It’s definitely weird, but if it doesn’t affect your cooling as you said and it’s not too loud I’d stick with it. Maybe try to put your PS5 vertically if you can? A friend of mine told me that he heard less noise this way (I always had it vertical so I can’t tell). 

Its vertical this is some guy from youtube that has same sound. 

Just now, Fzone said:

Its vertical this is some guy from youtube that has same sound. 

Yeah I know, I just told you bc I didn’t know how you set it up.