Why does the Xbox youtube app not support 4k with hdr?

I recently got a 4k tv and have been using it with my xbox 1 s (not series, very cool naming system) and I was wanted to watch some hdr video on it to see how it looks since this was my first hdr capable display as well. And I noticed that on youtube, I can't select an hdr video resolution of more than 1440p. I can select 4k when a video is not hdr, but when it is hdr, it doesn't seem to allow it.

Does anyone know why? I bought an hdmi 2.1 cable specially to avoid this problem, so I'm not sure what could be going on other than a software thing. Is there another app I can check to see if it is the cable or just Youtube? Netflix, (hbo) max, and hulu all don't give me the option to select a resolution. Although they do pop up the hdr10/dolby vision logo when appropriate.

I'm 99% sure it should be able to handle it since the ports are hdmi 2.0a, but at this point I'm stumped.

Any info or ideas would be much appreciated. Or if you have a Xbox One X, or Xbox Series and it works I'd like to know.

Edited by Richard_q
Added tags

Does your TV support 4K HDR from your Xbox? If you go into settings and check video compatibility, that should shed some light on why it's not working.

1 hour ago, Fr33K!e said:

Does your TV support 4K HDR from your Xbox? If you go into settings and check video compatibility, that should shed some light on why it's not working.

Yeah it does, the TV has HDMI 2.1 and the port supports 4k 120hz so it'd definitely not a problem there. The settings app has all green checks except for 1 yellow mark about input lag while gaming at 4k.