Logitech G710+ review

ZacDaMan72

Ok, so I will admit, I like Logitech's products. Good build quality (but not spectacular), good price and the performance is fine for the price. Does the G710+ live up for that? Depends what you need. I needed a numpad, 5-6 g-keys and backlighting then I wanted media controls and a wrist rest. If that's what you want wanted then yes. If not, I wouldn't recommend it for the money you have to pay as there are cheaper ones albeit with less features.

Z3v4IHk.jpg

Looks: I know that the orange 'accent' around the 6 g-keys aren't for anyone but to be honest I don't look at my g-keys too much so I don't mind too much. Do I like the accent? Well I guess I do if I'm not bitching all over the internet over it so yea :)

Do I like the general look of it? Yeah, I like the angular shape and such. The little Logitech logo over the (probably plastic) aluminium piece a nice addition to aesthetics of the keyboard. A little niggle I have is that the backlight doesn't light the ENTER, PAUSE, PRINT SCREEN and SHIFT (not as badly though) key evenly.

a6b5enr.jpg

Ergonomics: Not bad, but I'd like the palm/wrist rest to be a bit longer as I like to have my palm on it, not a 'claw' grip so that's annoying. It's also a bit flimsy...

lR9Wlxn.jpg?1?6045

Typing experience: Coming over from a membrane keyboard (Logitech K520) unsurprisingly it's absolutely awesome! The tactile feel of the keys is bliss!!! I'm typing this review on it and my typing feels definitely faster and a bit more precise...

Do I think it's worth all the exaggeration around the internet? Not really but it's real f***ing good!

Features: I like the 6 g-keys as for me, that's the perfect amount of them. The dual backlighting (WASD and arrows then everything else) is a gimmick to be honest. Being a big music listener I needed media keys. All I can say about the media and memory keys is they're adequate. The volume wheel, now that's pretty cool. 

My rating of it would be 9/10.

BxGacZL.pngBxGacZL.pngBxGacZL.pngBxGacZL.pngBxGacZL.pngBxGacZL.pngBxGacZL.pngBxGacZL.pngBxGacZL.png

For those who were like tl;dr here's the pros and cons:

Pros:

- Nice looks with the angular design of it but the orange ring around the g-keys are subjective.

- Media controls and a scroll volume wheel.

- Different backlighting levels for WASD/arrows and all the other keys. Also pretty bright.

- On-the-fly macro recordings.

Cons:

- Wrist/palm rest can be uncomfortable for people who put their palms on it. Also feels a bit flimsy.

- No RGB backlighting (goddamnit Corsair!)

- Some keys aren't lit evenly (ENTER, PAUSE, PRINT SCREEN and SHIFT)

- Game mode, caps lock, num lock and scroll lock lights don't change with the other keys (annoying at night).

If you read this so far thanks!

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Pretty much sums up my view on the G710+, its my first Mech keyboard, and its very lovely. I actually really like the aesthetic of the dark black and grey with the white lighting. The angles give it an aggressive look while still being relatively understanded.

Build quality is on par with other previous logitech stuff (of which I own a lot). It is typical logitech quality and I am happy there. It isnt the strongest, and I agree the wrist rest is a little flimsy (even compared to my G15 v2) but it does the job fine. I wish it was longer and higher but luckily I have small hands so I find it ok

Typing on it has a very nice feeling. Personally I do not find it easier/harder than a membrane, just a nicer feeling so its alot more pleasurable to use, I also like that it is not too loud while still giving "some" audible feeback, I didnt want clickity clack as it would be picked up by my mic and annoy people too much.

I find Browns a good compramise between gaming and typing. I found blues too clicky and unreliable to double press, and while linear keys are great for gaming, I find that the cost over a good membrane are not worth it since you are bottoming the keys out anyway whats the point in it being mech.

Overall Very happy and agree with this review entirely.

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Great review, covered almost everything.

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

I STRONGLY recommend removing the O-rings on it. I did after using it for a year with them on, and I discovered that the stock MX Brown switches feel twice as good and way less mushy. 

Case: Fractal Design R4  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus  Processor: Intel i7 4770K  GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X  RAM: Corsair Vengenace Pro 16GB  PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB   Monitor(s): LG 24GM77  Keyboard: Logitech G410  Mouse: Zowie EC1-A  Mousepad: Puretrak Talent White Ed.  Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II

I STRONGLY recommend removing the O-rings on it. I did after using it for a year with them on, and I discovered that the stock MX Brown switches feel twice as good and way less mushy. 

Really? I don't have a keycap puller because they just don't sell them in my country...

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

If you really want RGB like lighting on your keyboard, you could get these (but I think you can only buy them from China) :/ :http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=51126.0

I agree with your points. Think they should have had a longer wrist rest as the end of my palms are usually on the edge of the wrist rest (similar to your picture).

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Really? I don't have a keycap puller because they just don't sell them in my country...

I did it without a keycap puller, just used my fingers. It worked, but you have to remove them systematically, or else you won't get your fingers in between those in the middle etc. I used some medical tweezers to get the O-rings out of the keycaps.

Case: Fractal Design R4  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus  Processor: Intel i7 4770K  GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X  RAM: Corsair Vengenace Pro 16GB  PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB   Monitor(s): LG 24GM77  Keyboard: Logitech G410  Mouse: Zowie EC1-A  Mousepad: Puretrak Talent White Ed.  Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II

Really?

I'll try that/

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Really?

I'll try that/

Go for it, just remember where all the different keys where.

I heard that the G710+ had keycaps that cracked easily so just wondering if you felt that your keycaps felt cheap: http://forums.logitech.com/t5/G-Series-Gaming-Keyboards/G710-broken-keys-from-normal-use-plastic-tops-Where-to-get/td-p/1075449/page/5

Tempted to remove the keycaps but afraid that they might crack and I would have to send my whole keyboard to Logitech to fix it.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I heard that the G710+ had keycaps that cracked easily so just wondering if you felt that your keycaps felt cheap: http://forums.logitech.com/t5/G-Series-Gaming-Keyboards/G710-broken-keys-from-normal-use-plastic-tops-Where-to-get/td-p/1075449/page/5

Tempted to remove the keycaps but afraid that they might crack and I would have to send my whole keyboard to Logitech to fix it.

I don't feel like they felt cheap at all. Don't worry man, just go all in and remove em' :P

I did it and it adds more feel!