R9 290 Showdown Windforce R9 290 vs Ref R9 290

Nice video mate. 

Just some feedback for your videos, maybe try running the audio through audacity before you upload. Its a free software and will help to remove some of the hiss thats caused by your microphone =) 

Plenty of tutorials online like this one 

Keep up the good work. 

Project: Rock Lobster = Completed Click for Build Log 
INTEL CORE I7 4790K @4.6ghz | 2 x Windforce R9 290's CF | CORSAIR H110i |Samsung EVO 500GB SSD, Sandisk 128GB SSD| WD 3TB Green, Seagate 2TB |

|Asus Maximus 7 Ranger  | Windows 7 | Corsair 450D Case |

Thanks bro, I don't know much about editing/audio stuff, I sorta fly by the seat of my pants in Sony Vegas haha

Why do you have so many 290s haha

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

It's kinda crazy to see something like a nearly 10fps delta... 

It's kinda crazy to see something like a nearly 10fps delta...

That's why I would rather just focus on one card, like the R9 290's for what I am doing now and keep reviewing the different models.

The differences in performance, cooling and noise is pretty amazing with some of them.

That's why I would rather just focus on one card, like the R9 290's for what I am doing now and keep reviewing the different models.The differences in performance, cooling and noise is pretty amazing with some of them.

Once you're done reviewing all the ones you plan to do you should make a summary vid saying which one out of all the ones you have tested you'd pick. But that leads me to ask the very question;

I'm personally leaning toward a 290 myself, which would you recommend? I remember you praising the PCS+, would that be top of your list?

Once you're done reviewing all the ones you plan to do you should make a summary vid saying which one out of all the ones you have tested you'd pick. But that leads me to ask the very question;

I'm personally leaning toward a 290 myself, which would you recommend? I remember you praising the PCS+, would that be top of your list?

At this stage, yes the PCS+ from powercolor is the best R9 290, however I still have to test the XFX & MSI cards, I have the Asus DC2 in my system right now, that video will be coming out shortly!

At this stage, yes the PCS+ from powercolor is the best R9 290, however I still have to test the XFX & MSI cards, I have the Asus DC2 in my system right now, that video will be coming out shortly!

Ah, ok, thanks! I've heard bad things about the. XFX DD 290, but I'm sure the MSI one will be good :)

I'll probably end up with the PCS+ - it's the cheapest here and seems really good, but if the Tri-x is on sale it'll be a tough call!

Cheers for your insights and videos, they've been useful :)

Ah, ok, thanks! I've heard bad things about the. XFX DD 290, but I'm sure the MSI one will be good :)

I'll probably end up with the PCS+ - it's the cheapest here and seems really good, but if the Tri-x is on sale it'll be a tough call!

Cheers for your insights and videos, they've been useful :)

The Tri-X would be my number 2 choice, however, I still feel like the PCS+ is a much better overall card, so I would get that.

The Tri-X would be my number 2 choice, however, I still feel like the PCS+ is a much better overall card, so I would get that.

Cheers! Any chance you're planning on taking a look at the Vapour-x?

Cheers! Any chance you're planning on taking a look at the Vapour-x?

Yeah I will hopefully, I am going to be taking a side-step though and be covering some of the 280X's for a few videos before I run out of 290's haha

By the way, what do you think I can do to improve my videos?