IPconfig /renew does not work in CMD.

BoomerL4D

IPconfig /renew does not work in CMD. Is there any software to change it automatically every minute?

"None of the operations can be executed on Local Connection* 11 while the media is disconnected. None of the operations can be executed on Local Connection* 12 while the media is disconnected. Error when releasing Wi-Fi 2 interface: No address has been associated with the network endpoint so far."

I'm using Wi-Fi on a TP-Link AC1300 T6E.

5 minutes ago, BoomerL4D said:

IPconfig /renew does not work in CMD. Is there any software to change it automatically every minute?

Huh? Why would you want to do this every minute? Are you releasing your IP every minute? What are you trying to do? 

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

2 minutes ago, Skipple said:

Huh? Why would you want to do this every minute? Are you releasing your IP every minute? What are you trying to do? 

Yeah that's just plain silly as odds are the router is going to keep issuing the same IP address anyway due to the DHCP lease time.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

2 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Yeah that's just plain silly as odds are the router is going to keep issuing the same IP address anyway due to the DHCP lease time.

The only thing I can think of is doing some DHCP testing by setting the TTL or something stupid short (like 30 seconds) and then attempting to be issued a new IP address? OP, what are you attempting to do. 

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

Nothing immoral or illegal. Well... I'm trying to scan a QR code via WhatsApp to use it in Chrome, but there's a limitation. I only need this for the company. We have over 100 employees, and we are using an Android emulator on the same PC. However, we are attempting to read the QR code via AnyDesk. I'm pretty certain it's related to this and not the MAC address, as the VPN isn't working.

5 minutes ago, BoomerL4D said:

Nothing immoral or illegal. Well... I'm trying to scan a QR code via WhatsApp to use it in Chrome, but there's a limitation. I only need this for the company. We have over 100 employees, and we are using an Android emulator on the same PC. However, we are attempting to read the QR code via AnyDesk. I'm pretty certain it's related to this and not the MAC address, as the VPN isn't working.

What on earth does the IP address have to do with this?

How did you get WhatsApp to work at all given AFAIK it requires a phone number to work?

This honestly sounds like a use case you really need bespoke software for.  Like a simple Python QR code reader or something.

WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)

3 minutes ago, BoomerL4D said:

I'm  failing to understand how your internal IP address is impacting this.. or what attempting to spam ipconfig /renew would do to fix it. What exactly are you trying to do by issuing this command?

ask me about my homelab

Well... I can explain... we do have 100 SIM cards, and we are not violating any spam policy. They are all customers we are trying to connect with. The issue is... when a QR code from WhatsApp Web is created, somehow it has a limitation. Assuming it's not the MAC address, and it's not the device, the only thing that remains is a network issue. I'm assuming that there's a limit per IP or something related to the network. That's why I'm here... I need help to solve this...

1 minute ago, BoomerL4D said:

somehow it has a limitation.

What is the limitation?

I'm assuming that there's a limit per IP or something related to the network.

Doing an ipconfig /renew isn't going to help you get around rate limits from Whats App. The IP that's being exposed to Whats App is going to be your external IP address, not your internal IP. When performing an ipconfig /release and then ipconfig /renew, your internal DHCP may issue you a new IP address (unlikely given the TTL on most DHCPs) but the IP that's shown to Whats App is still going to be the same. Every device coming from the same network is going to show as the same IP because you are all using the same external IP address for all your traffic. 

ask me about my homelab

4 minutes ago, BoomerL4D said:

Well... I can explain... we do have 100 SIM cards, and we are not violating any spam policy. They are all customers we are trying to connect with. The issue is... when a QR code from WhatsApp Web is created, somehow it has a limitation. Assuming it's not the MAC address, and it's not the device, the only thing that remains is a network issue. I'm assuming that there's a limit per IP or something related to the network. That's why I'm here... I need help to solve this...

I'm not sure how exactly the app works, but it its rate limiting your based off your IP, its likely your public IP, and ipconfig can't change this. Thats all up to the ISP to setup and determine how you use it.

12 minutes ago, BoomerL4D said:

I'm still not quite sure exactly what you are doing here but if its rate limiting you can pretty much guarantee its not something WhatsApp is intended to do.  My guess is whatever it is would require WhatsApp Business.

Thank you all for clarifying. I wasn't aware that there were two types of IP addresses. How can I bypass this? Perhaps by adjusting my router settings? So... let me clarify what's going on... I am controlling Chrome with Selenium and using 5 instances of Chrome on my Windows 10, right? WhatsApp Business allows connecting to up to 4 devices by scanning the QR code with the phone's camera, but for some reason, I'm not able to do it... the idea is to scan one QR code on my main computer and scan the second QR code on the attendant's computer... all of our customer base consists of regular people who need to receive our messages.

3 minutes ago, BoomerL4D said:

WhatsApp Business allows connecting to up to 4 devices by scanning the QR code with the phone's camera, but for some reason, I'm not able to do it.

Connecting up to 4 devices to what? Scanning what QR code? You are still being incredibly vague about what exactly you are going to do or bypass. What is it exactly that you are attempting to accomplish? 

ask me about my homelab

5 minutes ago, Skipple said:

Connecting up to 4 devices to what? Scanning what QR code? You are still being incredibly vague about what exactly you are going to do or bypass. What is it exactly that you are attempting to accomplish? 

image.png.671f1df469c0f5d3e8ac823bdef73247.png
Each phone can be connected to 4 computers by scanning the QR code via WhatsApp Web. Sorry if it sounds incredibly vague; I didn't consider that not all of you would be familiar with WhatsApp Business. The issue is that somehow it doesn't allow me to scan more than 5 QR codes with 5 different smartphones on 5 different computers. Considering this... I presume it's a network issue that somehow keeps blocking me... since it's not the MAC address, etc., I presume it can be fixed by changing something in the network.

37 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

I'm not sure how exactly the app works, but it its rate limiting your based off your IP, its likely your public IP, and ipconfig can't change this. Thats all up to the ISP to setup and determine how you use it.

Any tips?

Doesn't make any sense... since VPN and Proxy change my public IP... how do they know?

2 minutes ago, BoomerL4D said:

Each phone can be connected to 4 computers by scanning the QR code via WhatsApp Web. Sorry if it sounds incredibly vague; I didn't consider that not all of you would be familiar with WhatsApp Business. The issue is that somehow it doesn't allow me to scan more than 5 QR codes with 5 different smartphones on 5 different computers. Considering this... I presume it's a network issue that somehow keeps blocking me... since it's not the MAC address, etc., I presume it can be fixed by changing something in the network.

GOT IT. Okay, this makes way more sense now. Yes, I do agree that this is more than likely some type of rate limit that's imposed by WhatsApp, but seeing how your issue is on a per device basis, I don't think it's actually network based. It could be device UUID based (or some similar unique ID).

Why do you think it's not MAC address? I'm assuming you have done some troubleshooting to make you say that. 

ask me about my homelab

4 minutes ago, BoomerL4D said:

image.png.671f1df469c0f5d3e8ac823bdef73247.png

In total?  As you just said its supposed to only allow 4 web connections per phone.

Doesn't make any sense... since VPN and Proxy change my public IP... how do they know?

As I understand it, WhatsApp Web is a direct connection to the phone itself, so none of that will make any difference.  It seems more you are running into some limit of how many WhatsApp Web connections are allowed per PC.

1 minute ago, Skipple said:

GOT IT. Okay, this makes way more sense now. Yes, I do agree that this is more than likely some type of rate limit that's imposed by WhatsApp, but seeing how your issue is on a per device basis, I don't think it's actually network based. It could be device UUID based (or some similar unique ID).

Why do you think it's not MAC address? I'm assuming you have done some troubleshooting to make you say that. 

Right! Thank you... we are making progress. I deleted the "smartphone" variable and emulated an Android on the PC... now... how can I change the UUID or the ID of my computer? I've already changed the MAC address through Regedit, and it had no effect. In fact, it did change when I verified it in the command prompt (cmd).

4 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

In total?  As you just said its supposed to only allow 4 web connections per phone.

As I understand it, WhatsApp Web is a direct connection to the phone itself, so none of that will make any difference.  It seems more you are running into some limit of how many WhatsApp Web connections are allowed per PC.

I have 5 WhatsApp accounts... should be able to connect all 5 smartphones. It's a much deeper issue. Maybe related to the network or the ID of my PC... any tips? 

I don't blame WhatsApp. They have a very strict system due to people engaging in spam and wrongdoings, but when a regular company tries to work, it can't... I wish I could manage everything from one phone, but WhatsApp Business doesn't allow it. Even if it's my personal phone.

2 minutes ago, BoomerL4D said:

"I don't blame WhatsApp" has a very strict system due to people engaging in spam and wrongdoings, but when a regular company tries to work, it can't... I wish I could manage everything from one phone, but WhatsApp Business doesn't allow it. Even if it's my personal phone.

Yeah the simple fact is WhatsApp was never originally designed for this, its got fairly basic functionality on WhatsApp Web to begin with.  From what I can tell its only supposed to let you connect to 4 different phones on a single PC, there may be technical reasons using a different browser instance still wont get around this.

Any hack that might get around it could break at any time, so it seems inadvisable to get your business used to doing this, even if you can make it work.

11 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Yeah the simple fact is WhatsApp was never originally designed for this, its got fairly basic functionality on WhatsApp Web to begin with.  From what I can tell its only supposed to let you connect to 4 different phones on a single PC, there may be technical reasons using a different browser instance still wont get around this.

Any hack that might get around it could break at any time, so it seems inadvisable to get your business used to doing this, even if you can make it work.

I'm using an official WhatsApp Business account from the Play Store. It should be able to connect to 4 PCs. 5 phones were supposed to work fine... so theoretically, would a company with 5 employees not be able to work in a normal manner? Their systems are too overpowering. And since I'm not doing anything immoral, I came to this forum to somehow bypass this issue. Any tips on how I can change the UUID or the ID of my computer, or something in my network that could be causing the issue? You are an experienced Jedi... I'm sure you can help.

21 minutes ago, BoomerL4D said:

I'm using an official WhatsApp Business account from the Play Store. It should be able to connect to 4 PCs. 5 phones were supposed to work fine... so theoretically, would a company with 5 employees not be able to work in a normal manner? Their systems are too overpowering. And since I'm not doing anything immoral, I came to this forum to somehow bypass this issue. Any tips on how I can change the UUID or the ID of my computer, or something in my network that could be causing the issue? You are an experienced Jedi... I'm sure you can help.

I don't see how, if its not the web browser causing the limitation (easy check, try loading up the maximum in Chrome then try more in Firefox) then anything you change on the PC would impact the existing sessions.

I suppose you could try running a virtual machine with another OS instance in it (is this kinda what you were trying to do with the Android emulator?), but that would be extreme and at that point I wonder if just having another PC to do that would be easier.

It just seems to me that having more than 5 WhatsApp Web instances on a single PC would get kinda confusing to begin with, risk using the wrong one for the wrong thing.