Help me with a letter to Morgan Stanley for an Internship

rambi36

Hello LTT community! My high school has this thing with Morgan Stanley and they are allowing us to apply there for a paid internship over the summer, and they are only picking 10-15 kids from my school (which consists of only freshman and sophomores atm) and one of the questions that they want me to answer in my letter is "What does Technology Mean to you?". I have no idea in the slightest. Maybe you guys can help me come up with some ideas. Hope that you can help! :D

Life.exe is missing

• A means to transmit and receive ideas.

A means to eliminate overhead and increase efficiency

And ultimately, advances in technology will lead us one step closer to post-scarcity

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Making everyday tasks easier and doing things that would otherwise be hard or impossible.

Curing shitposts by shitposts

Making life easier and making communications more effective and easier.

OT: They own 3.55% of my ISP, lol!

i'm a potato

Making everyday tasks easier and doing things that would otherwise be hard or impossible.

I totally agree with you! You have inspired my mind. Thank you :D

Life.exe is missing

Making life easier and making communications more effective and easier.

OT: They own 3.55% of my ISP, lol!

what's crazy is they're going to pay us $15 an hour 5 days a week for about a month if I get accepted :D

Life.exe is missing

what's crazy is they're going to pay us $15 an hour 5 days a week for about a month if I get accepted :D

That's quite a lot of le money.

i'm a potato

At this point in time technology is the hearth of our society. What would we do if we wouldn't have ligth to see in the dark? What would we do if wouldn't have a fridge to prevent our food to god bad? What would we do if there were no cars to bring us from one place to another in no time? What would do if there was no Internet? No source of knowledge that we can access 24/7 whenever we want to? A society like ours can not exist without technology. Technology has impacted the way we live in a big way. There is no way humans would be this knowledgeable and this effective if there was no technology. I can't live without technogly anymore. A life without technogly would be a very hard life and I am glad to be born in an age in which I don't have experience one of those lifes. 

Not sure if I answered it correctly tho :P 

Great opportunity, I wish my High School offered stuff like this! Best of luck buddy

Me: Yeah I just really can't get my H220 working again, I've tried everything that was suggested in the forum.

Brian (Swiftech Support): Hmm, have you tried slapping it?

Here is the part of the letter about what tech means to me if you want to see it :)

You might be asking me “Well Rameses, what does technology mean to you?”. Well to me, what technology means is a way to make tasks we do every day that might be hard or impossible to do without it. A person might take about 30 minutes or even an hour to solve a complex math problem or equation, but because of the advances in Processor technology from both Intel and AMD(Advanced Micro devices), that same complex math problem or equation can be solved in a matter of seconds by a computer with no mistakes at all. Also, before computers or cell phones, if you wanted to write a message to someone, you had to write it out on paper or a typewriter and get it mailed by the post office, which could take about days or weeks. Now through Instant messaging or email, we can now send that message in a second. People 100 years ago never could do any of this stuff, which is why I feel that I am lucky to live in a world full of many different technologies. One piece of technology that has really shocked me recently is the virtual reality headset called the Oculus Rift. It can accurately detect when your head moves around in real life and can emulate that in a video game you might be playing. The way it immerses people into the game that they are playing has really shocked me. In fact, at ComicCon 2013, I was able to try out the Oculus Rift and play this racing game. I was blown away to how good it was in person, which is why the future of technology is looking like a great one with even cooler stuff like Google Glasses and smart watches.

Life.exe is missing

Here is the part of the letter about what tech means to me if you want to see it :)

You might be asking me “Well Rameses, what does technology mean to you?”. Well to me, what technology means is a way to make tasks we do every day that might be hard or impossible to do without it. A person might take about 30 minutes or even an hour to solve a complex math problem or equation, but because of the advances in Processor technology from both Intel and AMD(Advanced Micro devices), that same complex math problem or equation can be solved in a matter of seconds by a computer with no mistakes at all. Also, before computers or cell phones, if you wanted to write a message to someone, you had to write it out on paper or a typewriter and get it mailed by the post office, which could take about days or weeks. Now through Instant messaging or email, we can now send that message in a second. People 100 years ago never could do any of this stuff, which is why I feel that I am lucky to live in a world full of many different technologies. One piece of technology that has really shocked me recently is the virtual reality headset called the Oculus Rift. It can accurately detect when your head moves around in real life and can emulate that in a video game you might be playing. The way it immerses people into the game that they are playing has really shocked me. In fact, at ComicCon 2013, I was able to try out the Oculus Rift and play this racing game. I was blown away to how good it was in person, which is why the future of technology is looking like a great one with even cooler stuff like Google Glasses and smart watches.

I would not mention intel and amd because there are a lot more companies that manufacture processors.

Curing shitposts by shitposts