Future of EVGA

PcBeExpensive

What does all you smart people on the forum think is going to happen to EVGA? I'm pretty sad about them leaving the GPU market, I think most of there GPU designs were pretty nice looking and I'm sad I wasn't able to have one for myself. Do you people think they will file for bankruptcy in the nearish future?

My First PC
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Cooler: Asus TUF Gaming LC240
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-f gaming
RAM: 4x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RS (3200 MHz, CL16)
Storage: 1tb Samsung 980 Pro
Graphics Card: Asus Dual RTX 2060 OC
Case: Deepcool Matrexx 50
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x
Headset: Razer Blackshark V2
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Pro Mini (Speed Silver switches)
Mouse: Razer Viper Mini
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

2 minutes ago, PcBeExpensive said:

What does all you smart people on the forum think is going to happen to EVGA? I'm pretty sad about them leaving the GPU market, I think most of there GPU designs were pretty nice looking and I'm sad I wasn't able to have one for myself. Do you people think they will file for bankruptcy in the nearish future?

I really wish they would start making AMD products.  EVGA is reportedly winding down its desktop motherboard business as well.
Dont know how they will be able to survive in this crowded market by making PSU's and AIO's only, at least not with the large staff they used to have.

I think EVGA will cease operations within the next... *pulls out of ass*... 3 years? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't think they'll go bankrupt, I think they will just wind down operations and close. They're privately owned and the rumours I've heard (I think from GN videos?) it seems the owner just wants to get out of the business. It's possible they get bought out by another company who wants the brand but considering EVGA is really just a PSU brand at the moment I'm not really sure who would want it, that's assuming if the current owner is even interested in selling.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

EVGA seems to be reducing their market presence in the PC industry, its almost starting to feel like they are going to exit it all together.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

I remember than the head (and major stakeholder) of the company is "not that young", but I might be wrong.

Not English-speaking person, sorry, I'll make mistakes. If you're kind, maybe you'll be able to understand.

If you're really kind, you'll nicely point that out so I will learn more about write in good English.  🙂

I know from experience the profit margins on a high end GPUs and motherboards is so small, especially when you factor in after sales support. Abit motherboards made more profit from entry level boards and accessories than any of our top tier stuff.

24 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

I really wish they would start making AMD products.  EVGA is reportedly winding down its desktop motherboard business as well.
Dont know how they will be able to survive in this crowded market by making PSU's and AIO's only, at least not with the large staff they used to have.

Yeah, an AMD 7900 XTX would have been crazy. Especially with Kingpin. Why did they stop making Nvidia GPU's again? I did hear about the motherboard business ending soon too, I think they are just going to keep on reducing until theres nothing.

My First PC
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

20 minutes ago, Spotty said:

I think EVGA will cease operations within the next... *pulls out of ass*... 3 years? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't think they'll go bankrupt, I think they will just wind down operations and close. They're privately owned and the rumours I've heard (I think from GN videos?) it seems the owner just wants to get out of the business. It's possible they get bought out by another company who wants the brand but considering EVGA is really just a PSU brand at the moment I'm not really sure who would want it, that's assuming if the current owner is even interested in selling.

Wonder why the owner just wouldn't have sold it when they were still making GPU's if they wanted to get out of the business. 

My First PC

21 minutes ago, Levent said:

EVGA seems to be reducing their market presence in the PC industry, its almost starting to feel like they are going to exit it all together.

yeah

My First PC

7 minutes ago, abit-sean said:

I know from experience the profit margins on a high end GPUs and motherboards is so small, especially when you factor in after sales support. Abit motherboards made more profit from entry level boards and accessories than any of our top tier stuff.

Really? May I ask why they are so small? Is it cause of like warranties etc.

My First PC

I think a few options could happen. 

1. EVGA shuts down/gets sold.

2. They continue to make PSU's but work on other things

3. they only make PSU's and then shut down in 5 years

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

3 minutes ago, PcBeExpensive said:

EVGA only made the board and cooling system. they had to buy the chip from Nvidia, if anything happens to the card its on EVGA to fix it. also a lot of competition. 

Edit: this is for gpus. MOBO's have a lot of competition. 

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

1 minute ago, adarw said:

EVGA only made the board and cooling system. they had to buy the chip from Nvidia, if anything happens to the card its on EVGA to fix it. also a lot of competition. 

Edit: this is for gpus. MOBO's have a lot of competition. 

Oh yeah good point. But I think they also got a lot of publicity and money from there KINGPIN products which were used by lots of overclockers since they were like top of the line.

My First PC

5 minutes ago, PcBeExpensive said:

You have to factor in all the R&D along with the 3 years of after support. Coupled with ongoing testing a new hardware releases.

27 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Maybe under new ownership/management, but I don't see them leaving altogether. Their brand is worth considerable money, and I think if they refocus on a different/new segment of the market, they can use their expertise and branding for new products. I don't know where yet, but since we use more and more tech, there is no way they can't find something that would fit them.

The impression I was getting from watching everything was the owner had no interest in selling the company / name as he was very protective of the brand and did not want it possibly tarnished. So it sounded like they would just wind down and he would retire. 

20 minutes ago, OhioYJ said:

The impression I was getting from watching everything was the owner had no interest in selling the company / name as he was very protective of the brand and did not want it possibly tarnished. So it sounded like they would just wind down and he would retire. 

I hate him for that

My First PC

15 minutes ago, PcBeExpensive said:

I hate him for that

I mean I've bought basically nothing but EVGA GPUs for a long time, however,  I can see the owners point.  You don't want some greedy corporation that answers to shareholders ruining a name that you built. Better to go out "on top".  

Of course all of this is just speculation, no one knows what is going to happen for sure.

Personally I'd rather see them wind down then see them get bought out then stories start to break about the once great EVGA no longer taking care of their customers, etc. 

I think they're done.  There are zero GPUs available for purchase.  There are zero PSUs available for purchase.  I haven't checked Mobos.  Their forums are dead.  It's time to just pull the plug.

And I say this as a huge EVGA fanboy.  

1 hour ago, PcBeExpensive said:

Oh yeah good point. But I think they also got a lot of publicity and money from there KINGPIN products which were used by lots of overclockers since they were like top of the line.

Truth is that they've struggled to keep up in quite a long time. If you noticed how late to the game they where with the top end products in recent years, which was also very expensive to develop and make, you get the picture.

These videos for example gives a lot of insight in EVGA:

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

26 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Truth is that they've struggled to keep up in quite a long time. If you noticed how late to the game they where with the top end products in recent years, which was also very expensive to develop and make, you get the picture.

These videos for example gives a lot of insight in EVGA:

And the reason their competitors started beating them out in the end on spec sheets was because they had revenue from other streams, ASUS and MSI are still giants, making phones, laptops, handheld devices, monitors and so on. EVGA only towards the end of their relevancy expanded into PSU's and motherboards.

Makes me worried about XFX and Sapphire as well. They're my top 2 favorites that remain, they only do GPU sales and their designs have remained unchanged for 3 generations (saving that R&D money). Of course, others have done pretty much the same as well like said ASUS and MSI with their unchanged designs. I miss the 1000 series and earlier years of unique fresh designs for each generation from each manufacturer. As I write this I'm convincing myself the problem isn't the AIB's, they're just stuck between a rock and a hard place. 

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

43 minutes ago, Erioch said:

I think they're done.  There are zero GPUs available for purchase.  There are zero PSUs available for purchase.  I haven't checked Mobos.  Their forums are dead.  It's time to just pull the plug.

And I say this as a huge EVGA fanboy.  

That's a shame, I've always had EVGA products up until recently. Best customer service in the world for sure, I'm not even exaggerating.

Been a good run!

I just checked and there are zero mobos available for purchase.  Poking around, about the only thing you can buy is B-Stock (i.e, recerts and damaged).

18 minutes ago, sparkman said:

That's a shame, I've always had EVGA products up until recently. Best customer service in the world for sure, I'm not even exaggerating.

Been a good run!

I totally agree.  I've been buying their GPUs and PSUs (w/ extended warranties on both) for a long time now.  I'm not sure from where I'm going to get my next GPU.