Where to go next?

Beondal
Go to solution Solved by MG2R,

If software is not your forte, assuming you already are familiar with windows, it’s entirely possible to use windows as your server OS. You can rip your disks on windows and use Plex to host them. 

Regarding straight disk copies: https://support.plex.tv/articles/201358273-converting-iso-video-ts-and-other-disk-image-formats/

that’s not supported by Plex and I would assume by any other similar application. 

solutions are in the linked post 

if you do want Linux-based systems. The usual suspects are TrueNAS, Unraid, or straight up Linux. 

Ok. I am completely new at the whole Server/NAS stuff. Software has always been something Im not too great at parsing/figuring out where to go. For the main system Im using a 1L M715q with a Ryzen Pro 2200GE. Idk if there is an OS installed on the drive already. I would like to use this as a general NAS/media server. Do I go with a Linux Distro? and if so, will media systems support BDMV/ISO format (I just back up the discs I already own instead of trying to cut out the actual content.) Any guidance on where to proceed would be much appreciated. Im just a little lost by all of the options that are present in the space.

Thanks
Beondal

If software is not your forte, assuming you already are familiar with windows, it’s entirely possible to use windows as your server OS. You can rip your disks on windows and use Plex to host them. 

Regarding straight disk copies: https://support.plex.tv/articles/201358273-converting-iso-video-ts-and-other-disk-image-formats/

that’s not supported by Plex and I would assume by any other similar application. 

solutions are in the linked post 

if you do want Linux-based systems. The usual suspects are TrueNAS, Unraid, or straight up Linux.