Arduino Weather Station Recommendations

RockerBug17

Anyone have experience building a weather station? I'm in need of a station that can measure light, temperature, humidity, and run completely off grid. I see there are some kits on Amazon, such as this one, but I have no experience with Arduino. I just watch a lot of YouTube 😅

Edited by RockerBug17
typos

Member 4250

Does it have to be Arduino based?  Is it just for a fun project or for actually collecting weather data?

If you want something that can stay outside in all weather and collect data there are plenty of solar powered weather stations that have all those readings plus wind and rain.

The one I have in my back yard is made by Ambient Weather.  The one I have was around $170 but they have cheaper versions if you don't want to put your weather data on the internet.

20 hours ago, MartyS said:

Does it have to be Arduino based?  Is it just for a fun project or for actually collecting weather data?

If you want something that can stay outside in all weather and collect data there are plenty of solar powered weather stations that have all those readings plus wind and rain.

The one I have in my back yard is made by Ambient Weather.  The one I have was around $170 but they have cheaper versions if you don't want to put your weather data on the internet.

60/40 weather data/fun.

I'm looking for a suitable place to build a geothermal greenhouse and I thought an actual piece of hardware on the ground would yield best results, as compared to online solar simulators.

It doesn't have to be Arduino based. I have no personal experience with them, I've watched YouTubers use them for such purposes so I naturally gravitated toward them.

Member 4250