Docker on Proxmox with SMB Share

Misinthe

Hello everyone, this is my situation, I am using Proxmox for my VMs, I have a VM that runs Docker and all my containers, I also have TrueNAS Scale installed on a separate physical server. On the TrueNAS, I have a SMB share that contains all my media, what I want to achieve is, create a container that can use my already created SMB share on TrueNAS as download storage location. If anyone can help me out, I'll apreciate it!

You can mount the smb share in docker. Google mount cifs with fstab for how to do it at boot.

Then setup docker to use the mount point of the smb share as a passthrough. That way the docker container can access the smb share that is mounted on the docker host.

1 hour ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

You can mount the smb share in docker. Google mount cifs with fstab for how to do it at boot.

Then setup docker to use the mount point of the smb share as a passthrough. That way the docker container can access the smb share that is mounted on the docker host.

So I don't need to mount it to Proxmox as Storage before the Ubuntu/Docker VM can use it? I was reading that online and somehow I bricked my whole VM, luckly I do backups every night, so I didn't lose it lol.

1 hour ago, Misinthe said:

So I don't need to mount it to Proxmox as Storage before the Ubuntu/Docker VM can use it? I was reading that online and somehow I bricked my whole VM, luckly I do backups every night, so I didn't lose it lol.

Nope. It doesn't matter whats mounted on the host, as the VM doesn't share any mount points with the host.

18 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Nope. It doesn't matter whats mounted on the host, as the VM doesn't share any mount points with the host.

I keep getting various errors, I think I'm going to give up on this project for now, thank you for the help though!