I need help to choose my AIO cooler

Shwisqy
Go to solution Solved by ImWilly,
5 minutes ago, Shwisqy said:

Is the NZXT still better at max fan speed, or does it fall behind?

Well, as the table informs at max fan speed, NZXT Kraken X73 is crushing all of the other AIO, including Arctic and Deepcool

6 minutes ago, Shwisqy said:

What about the Nzxt X73 vs the Deepcool LT720?

But on the scenario where the fan speed is set to max 40dB, NZXT lost to Deepcool and Arctic (basically NZXT fan is not designed to be quiet)

That is why if you're looking for absolute raw max performance, NZXT is the clear winner

But if you wanna quieter sound on your PC and not always wanna crank 300W performance on your CPU, Arctic might just be worth a shot

I have been scouring the internet for parts to build my pc. I was looking for AIO coolers and found the NZXT Kraken X73. Is there any AIO cooler that has better cooling performance under 200 dollars? 

Assuming your PC case can support 3x120mm, I would recommend both NZXT Kraken X73 and Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360

A bit on the edge for Arctic though, because their fan is silent as a grave and cost cheaper

The only downside is the CPU block doesn't have LED compared to NZXT Kraken

My System: Ryzen 7800X3D // Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX // 32GB DDR5 Silicon Power Zenith CL30 // Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT OC with mod heatsink on the metal plate  // Phanteks P300A  // Gigabyte Aorus GEN4 7300 PCIE 4.0 NVME // Kingston NV2 Gen4 PCIE 4.0 NVME // 

Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fully Modular // Thermalright Frost Spirit 140 Black V3 // Phanteks M25 140mm // Display: Bezel 32MD845 V2 QHD // Keychron K8 Pro (Mod: Gateron black box ink; Tape mode on PCB and Keycaps) // Razer Cobra Wired Mouse // Audio Technica M50X Headphone // Sennheiser HD 650 // Genius SP-HF180 USB Speaker //

And Laptop Acer Nitro 5 AN515-45 for mobility

Phone:

iPhone 11 (with battery replaced instead of buying new phone for long term and not submitting (fully) to Apple Lord

3 minutes ago, ImWilly said:

Assuming your PC case can support 3x120mm, I would recommend both NZXT Kraken X73 and Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360

A bit on the edge for Arctic though, because their fan is silent as a grave and cost cheaper

The only downside is the CPU block doesn't have LED compared to NZXT Kraken

What would you say the best AIO under 220 dollars is? The one that has the best cooling.

I am running an i9-13900KS and need the absolute best AIO cooler on the market. Anyone have any suggestions?

What would you say the best AIO under 220 dollars is? The one that has the best cooling.

Well, if you're absolutely going to look for the best by max fan speed, NZXT Kraken X73 is the clear winner

der8auer has tested and the result shows that in pure max raw performance, NZXT is a best

But if it set to do normalized 40 dB, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 is the best

3 minutes ago, Shwisqy said:

I am running an i9-13900KS and need the absolute best AIO cooler on the market. Anyone have any suggestions?

I see, then by default, NZXT Kraken X73 is the absolute best choice, especially to tame i9-13900KS

image.png

image.png

My System: Ryzen 7800X3D // Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX // 32GB DDR5 Silicon Power Zenith CL30 // Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT OC with mod heatsink on the metal plate  // Phanteks P300A  // Gigabyte Aorus GEN4 7300 PCIE 4.0 NVME // Kingston NV2 Gen4 PCIE 4.0 NVME // 

Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fully Modular // Thermalright Frost Spirit 140 Black V3 // Phanteks M25 140mm // Display: Bezel 32MD845 V2 QHD // Keychron K8 Pro (Mod: Gateron black box ink; Tape mode on PCB and Keycaps) // Razer Cobra Wired Mouse // Audio Technica M50X Headphone // Sennheiser HD 650 // Genius SP-HF180 USB Speaker //

Phone:

iPhone 11 (with battery replaced instead of buying new phone for long term and not submitting (fully) to Apple Lord

My first question would be, why do you want an AIO?
I have one myself, paid a lot for it, is not cooling that great and I feel like a normal air cooler would have done the job better.

"Trust but verify"
- Listed, think then talk -

7 minutes ago, ImWilly said:

Well, if you're absolutely going to look for the best by max fan speed, NZXT Kraken X73 is the clear winner

der8auer has tested and the result shows that in pure max raw performance, NZXT is a best

But if it set to do normalized 40 dB, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 is the best

I see, then by default, NZXT Kraken X73 is the absolute best choice, especially to tame i9-13900KS

image.png

image.png

16 minutes ago, Shwisqy said:

are doing something different from anyone else who owns a 13900

5 minutes ago, Shwisqy said:

Well, as the table informs at max fan speed, NZXT Kraken X73 is crushing all of the other AIO, including Arctic and Deepcool

But on the scenario where the fan speed is set to max 40dB, NZXT lost to Deepcool and Arctic (basically NZXT fan is not designed to be quiet)

That is why if you're looking for absolute raw max performance, NZXT is the clear winner

But if you wanna quieter sound on your PC and not always wanna crank 300W performance on your CPU, Arctic might just be worth a shot

Phone:

4 minutes ago, ImWilly said:

yeah, really worth noting that while it might seem not a big deal, 40db, 50db, the sound difference is only 10, small change, the reality is that sound is logaritmic. over 50db is really annoying and sounds like your personal jet engine, not something you want to hear every day. From pure cooling capability, the arctic wins, it can cool the chip more if you strap the same fans to it, as the design is more efficient.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

13 hours ago, Origami Cactus said:

yeah, really worth noting that while it might seem not a big deal, 40db, 50db, the sound difference is only 10, small change, the reality is that sound is logaritmic. over 50db is really annoying and sounds like your personal jet engine, not something you want to hear every day. From pure cooling capability, the arctic wins, it can cool the chip more if you strap the same fans to it, as the design is more efficient.

So are you saying that if I swap out the Arctic fans, to something better, they will cool more? Wouldn't it be better if I swapped out the fans on the NZXT AIO with something more efficient?

1 hour ago, Shwisqy said:

So are you saying that if I swap out the Arctic fans, to something better, they will cool more? Wouldn't it be better if I swapped out the fans on the NZXT AIO with something more efficient?

The Arctic Freezer 2 radiator itself is the most efficient on the market. NZXT gets to the top of the charts only thanks to having the power of Boeing 747 in your room.

This is why both are limited to 40DB, the Arctic takes the top of the leaderboard, because it is the most efficient design (radiator, pump, overall package) out of all of them. I have NZXT fans, at 100% you can hear them through the door and next 2 rooms over, please don't do it.

Please don't overthink your cooling solution. Arctic is a budget Noctua, the fans are really silent and IT STILL COOLS VERY WELL. There is no point in having the "best solution on paper that is cooler by 1c", but what you can't stand because the computer sounds like it is an DJI Mavic about to take off next to your ears, 24/7. If you wanted the "best" cooling, why even take the compromise that is an AIO, and go straight to liquid nitrogen or a freezer setup?

The arctic is the best compromise out of all of them. It provides MORE THAN ENOUGH cooling for your cpu, WHILE STAYING ACTUALLY REASONABLE ACUSTICS WISE.

I would go stock Arctic Freezer 2, biggest radiator size that fits in your case, and stock Arctic fans.

2 minutes ago, Shwisqy said:

Ok thak you 🙂

I just made the same mistake back when I was starting too, went looking for the best fans for my radiator, spent a lot of money, only to discover the different in temps was 1-2celsius, so all that money wasted for nothing. I could have gotten an extra 32gb of ram for that money, or a better motherboard, more storage, anything. Sometimes the best option is just to stay reasonable and invest that money wisely into something else. For the price of a few high end fans you can already get a 1tb GEN4 m.2 for example