Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

Just now, Reclus said:

I bet any money you will cry to the heavens about the court of law if it will be you on the chopping block unfairly accused.. What a childish take.

Countless examples of serious allegations that turned true?

What about countless examples of the ones that turned to be absolute made up lie?

Go to bed child it is past your bed time.

There aren't "countless" examples of sexual assault allegations that have been an absolute "made up lie" and posted earlier that's a well researched subject that shows false allegations are rare. 

Sounds like you're the unread child here lmao.

12 minutes ago, yoc said:

Not really.
The timing tells a lot but also Linus starts the meeting stating the motivation for it are some "rumors".
After that, we tries to pull the "we are a family" (not directly tho) which is typically used to keep things in house (why?).
He strongly incentivizes everyone to solve your problems directly with the person that have caused them (not good if we are talking about sexual harassment but also bad if power dynamics apply). Motivation? Well, I'm no expert but I believe anyone can see why this is perfect for a company because leaves no paper trails. Your second option is talk to him or Yvonne, huh.
Finally, almost nobody knew about the anonymous form?
I honestly don't believe that it was just another meeting. Some people have expressed the same opinion way better than I'm able to do so you can also try to search for their posts but yeah, 124 pages.

You have never worked in a corporate environment. And don't even pretend that you did. This was the most typical HR meeting I have done hundreds of times. That includes jokes made by staff during it, absolutely bored that they have to listen to a problem that does not concern them.

Kids... Kids everywhere...

4 minutes ago, LumpyCrumpet said:

It's been ten years and we've still got people banging on about fucking "SJWs" on the Internet, Jesus Christ I thought they'd all have grown up by now

It's beyond embarrassing that grown ass mfers are still posting like their back in 2014 lmao

Just now, Sho2048 said:

You can believe a person and still want an investigation to prove they're right. Truth comes out in the end, or at least, the culture in LMG can only get better.

I agree with you. I didn't say it shouldn't be investigated. In fact, I think it would be silly not to. I am just saying, the investigation should come first before just instantly throwing insults, joining in on a hate mob, cheering for the downfall of someone. Let's first check to see what we can learn about the situation. Find evidence, talk with people who work there, and see if there is anyone who has witnessed these things. This is the correct way to go about it. And if anyone is at fault, let's find out.

4 minutes ago, hmfaysal said:

Well agreed. Maddie claimed that her twitch fanbase is kinda gone(?). Also she complained, she didn't get much airtime on Youtube at LMG. So OnlyTubeLight now? Maybe, IDK. she needs to get money out of this fiasco, i dont care where it comes from, LMG, GN or OnlyAirConditioning. She deserves it

You are seriously going off topic with your shenanigans. Are you trying to derail this topic? Spam is not the way.

This font is amazing.

34 minutes ago, Chairman Boofy said:

This is a cowardly copout. By asserting that "there's no proof!!!!111", you are intrinsically implying that she's lying unless shown otherwise. At least own your own beliefs lol.

You owe me 500 dollars.

If you claim that "there's no proof!!!!111", you are intrinsically implying that I am lying. 

Pay me 500 dollars, right now. 

Just now, Real_Smoky said:

You owe me 500 dollars.

If you claim that "there's no proof!!!!111", you are intrinsically implying that I am lying. 

Pay me 500 dollars, right now. 

Sure, what's your cashapp bruh?

5 minutes ago, Chairman Boofy said:

You've been accusing her of lying by saying she has no proof, thus implying you feel its safe to dismiss her outright. If you don't get that, you're just dense.

Like what "proof" do you want her to provide when she say she was touched inappropriately? A photo of someone's hand on her ass? Some of you people are egregiously gross lol

But yeah, the last part of that comment totally confirms the "hates women" part lmao

To be fair, they never said "she has no proof", they said "The burden of proof is upon her to substantiate things"

People have the right to withhold judgement upon LTT when they don't have enough information about what happened..  

That does not preclude supporting Madison in what was obviously a traumatic experience for her.

Sharpening pitchforks is not the only way to support someone.

3 minutes ago, Chairman Boofy said:

There aren't "countless" examples of sexual assault allegations that have been an absolute "made up lie" and posted earlier that's a well researched subject that shows false allegations are rare. 

Sounds like you're the unread child here lmao.

I will not be getting into an argument with a child. Go read a book before drinking your milk and going to bed. School starts early tomorrow and you really need it.

Some of the things she said remind me of this person while she may have believed it was toxic or to much work for 1 person doesn’t make it so… or maybe it was my point is this person above is crying about how bad starbucks is and having to work a 8 hour day short staffed ngl is a funny video but in this person mind it’s hell on earth. Their truth doesn’t make it the truth or maybe it’s all true a lmg is a toxic misogynistic environment where the culture of groping people is acceptable and they treat their staff like shit who knows. What I do know is this few months from now people will forget and stop caring there are so many examples of this, so those who want lmg cancelled better act fast because time is running out.

You're in deep fuckin' shit boys.  Hope you brought life jackets.

AMD 3900XT | ROG STRIX B550-E Gaming | Corsair RGB Pro 3600MHZ CL18

WD_Black SN850 1TB | WD_Black SN770 2TB | Noctua NH12-U |

ROG STRIX RTX 3080 12GB | Corsair HX1200 80+Platinum | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Asus Predator X34 (3440x1440) | 2x AOC Q32V3S/WS (2560x1440) |  Asus ROG Strix ROGSCABBARD Eva Edition deskmat |

Just now, Mutex01 said:

To be fair, they never said "she has no proof", they said "The burden of proof is upon her to substantiate things"

People have the right to withhold judgement upon LTT when they don't have enough information about what happened..  

That does not preclude supporting Madison in what was obviously a traumatic experience for her.

Sharpening pitchforks is not the only way to support someone.

I don't need to withhold judgment on LTT because again, on the balance of probabilities, something shitty did happen to her there. It doesn't mean every single person there is responsible or I think they should burn it all to the ground, but I hope eventually there is some responsibility taken and someone is held accountable if it turns out the extent of things were that bad, that simple. 

This will be my last post on this topic, and then I am going to go back to not paying any attention to the internet for today.

I am going to copy a post from Floatplane that I think really sums all of this up, and how we should be behaving.

NotEnoughMonkeys
1 hour ago
<edited>

If there's any stance people should be taking to heart right now, it's patience and benefit of the doubt. But this applies equally to LMG and Madison, irrespective of which "truth" is more convenient just to keep the content flowing. Innocent until proven guilty does not mean that Madison is a liar until proven otherwise.

What LMG is doing is perfectly correct, taking Madisons comments seriously, investigating, and taking the appropriate actions. But at the same time, Madison does not deserve any shade/hate/vitriol sent her way either, and should be treated with compassion. It's ok to simultaneously give LMG the benefit of the doubt that they're taking this seriously, and also give Madison the benefit of the doubt that her allegations have sufficient merit to be worth investigating. It's not about picking a side, it's about giving this whole process the space and time it needs to properly play out.

Publicly speculating one way or another as to who's right/wrong/lying/covering up doesn't help the process, and if anything, puts pressure on LMG to try and speed things up when more in depth introspection would be more appropriate. I'm still here because I believe LMG will do the right thing regardless of what uncomfortable truths they might find, or in other words, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt.

I hope to come back later and find that the topic hasn't continued to spiral into trolling, name calling, and a circular firing squad of people trying to belittle and "be right" vs. other people.

Have a good one everyone.

3 minutes ago, yoc said:

You are seriously going off topic with your shenanigans. Are you trying to derail this topic? Spam is not the way.

No, not at all. I am trying to gauge the situation. Thats all. Among all the mudslinging, we kinda forgot to ask, what the accuser wants. 

1 minute ago, Reclus said:

I will not be getting into an argument with a child. Go read a book before drinking your milk and going to bed. School starts early tomorrow and you really need it.

It's because you predictably don't have any actual argument, or at least one that a 10 year old couldn't defeat with a 5 minute google search. GG

7 minutes ago, Silvy said:

I agree with you. I didn't say it shouldn't be investigated. In fact, I think it would be silly not to. I am just saying, the investigation should come first before just instantly throwing insults, joining in on a hate mob, cheering for the downfall of someone. Let's first check to see what we can learn about the situation. Find evidence, talk with people who work there, and see if there is anyone who has witnessed these things. This is the correct way to go about it. And if anyone is at fault, let's find out.

Yup. 

Only thing I recommend people not to is to put all their trust into a company, and marginally into people. Be prepared to be disappointed if someone ends up proven wrong. That goes both ways and sideways. The best outcome is that LMG in any form gets out stronger than before, and no innocent person loses their job, while the people being wronged are vindicated. After all, people are people, companies are companies, and the actions of some fall on them. Companies can only be blamed for not listening, but they don't have feelings and can take it. 

3 minutes ago, JoNBoY said:

Some of the things she said remind me of this person while she may have believed it was toxic or to much work for 1 person doesn’t make it so… or maybe it was my point is this person above is crying about how bad starbucks is and having to work a 8 hour day short staffed ngl is a funny video but in this person mind it’s hell on earth. Their truth doesn’t make it the truth or maybe it’s all true a lmg is a toxic misogynistic environment where the culture of groping people is acceptable and they treat their staff like shit who knows. What I do know is this few months from now people will forget and stop caring there are so many examples of this, so those who want lmg cancelled better act fast because time is running out.

Also if this was a bloke from lmg no one would have given a shit just saying 

7 minutes ago, Chairman Boofy said:

You've been accusing her of lying by saying she has no proof, thus implying you feel its safe to dismiss her outright. If you don't get that, you're just dense.

You're calling me dense? Stop with the personal attacks, just because you don't like the I'm suspending belief.

Like what "proof" do you want her to provide when she say she was touched inappropriately? A photo of someone's hand on her ass? Some of you people are egregiously gross lol

Proof, as in an HR email or an email to her superior about being sexuality assaulted, or a report to the police, or even a testament from someone who was there.

The fact she didn't report any of this to WorkSafe is odd.

But yeah, the last part of that comment totally confirms the "hates women" part lmao

This is just a blatant attack on my character because you're mad. Get over it. 

10 minutes ago, hmfaysal said:

Well agreed. Maddie claimed that her twitch fanbase is kinda gone(?). Also she complained, she didn't get much airtime on Youtube at LMG. So OnlyTubeLight now? Maybe, IDK. she needs to get money out of this fiasco, i dont care where it comes from, LMG, GN or OnlyAirConditioning. She deserves it

i didn't know the LTT fanbase was like this.

jesus...

well, some things make more sense now. 

Just now, Sho2048 said:

Yup. 

Only thing I recommend people not to is to put all their trust into a company, and marginally into people. Be prepared to be disappointed if someone ends up proven wrong. That goes both ways and sideways. The best outcome is that LMG in any form gets out stronger than before, and no innocent person loses their job, while the people being wronged are vindicated. After all, people are people, companies are companies, and the actions of some fall on them. Companies can only be blamed for not listening, but they don't have feelings to be hurt, and can take it. 

Yeah, thats the thing. If there are wrongdoings on the companys part, someone loses their job. Great. Comes out stronger , hires new guy and moves on.

If Maddie is wrong, what does she lose? Thats something I am trying to understand. Just for literary purposes. I am learning a lot today in these threads

1 minute ago, Guarana said:

jesus...

Its the internet what did you expect lol

2 minutes ago, Guarana said:

jesus...

Welcome to the club

1 minute ago, TeraSeraph said:

You're calling me dense? Stop with the personal attacks, just because you don't like the I'm suspending belief.

Proof, as in an HR email or an email to her superior about being sexuality assaulted, or a report to the police, or even a testament from someone who was there.

The fact she didn't report any of this to WorkSafe is odd.

This is just a blatant attack on my character because you're mad. Get over it. 

Not reporting it initially isn't odd at all, if you know anything about workplace dynamics and sexual harassment and the myriad reasons why someone wouldn't be comfortable coming out with it immediately.

And if your "character" is still whining about "SJWs" (lmao) in 2023 then sorry, you're just bringing it on yourself.

Just now, hmfaysal said:

Yeah, thats the thing. If there are wrongdoings on the companys part, someone loses their job. Great. Comes out stronger , hires new guy and moves on.

If Maddie is wrong, what does she lose? Thats something I am trying to understand. Just for literary purposes. I am learning a lot today in these threads

There are no winners here. If she is wrong, nothing really happens.