Questions regarding methods employed to infiltrate security devices on my home network?

preppyprofessor

Hello everyone, I'm trying to find out what methods are being employed to effectively force my home security equipment into a state of temporary malfunction. Basically, I am the owner-operator of a business operating out of my personal residence. To be clear the business is completely legal, licensed, insured, and has been in operation for almost a year now without any issues other than the irregular frustration or minor inconvenience. Unfortunately, last week an incident occurred between a recent customer and local law enforcement. Whatever happened between the two parties occurred off the premises and I've yet to be informed by either party as to the nature of said incident, but the most inconvenient result is that my business/home has been full on infiltrated, storm trooper style, by local police twice in the past 96 hours. I suppose in the normal run of these type of law enforcement activities those experiencing them probably tend to overlook some of the details of such an incident but being located in a district with, let's say, an abundance of "local character", essentially city-center (imagine Atlanta or Washington DC, Southeast U.S.); I have a trio of wireless cameras and a couple hefty, adult pit bulls. While the cameras and dogs lend myself and customers a sense of security, this week they've made me aware of a sneaky, slimy secret the police have been employing. Right before the police make their presence known, seconds before they sneak onto the property and move to surround the house, these crooks initiate something that interferes completely with my camera network specifically. They are all battery operated and connect via Wi-Fi to a third-party app on my phone. The second time they came I was able to establish a sort of methodology to the process which what's weird. They show up early in the morning, like dead on 3:51 AM, I can tell almost instantly from the behavior of the dogs. Within seconds of when they pull up in their vehicle's cameras go down, weirdly Wi-Fi doesn't go down or throw any alerts but if I try to access the internet via Wi-Fi the connection gets stuck in like a connect drop loop, internet service via cell providers isn't disrupted. Between 45-60 seconds after they pull up, they knock, don't say anything, like anyone would, 5-10 seconds after that they announce themselves, yell they have a warrant and they're breaching the door, within 15 seconds they storm in. First time it was 8 suited up for war, second time it was 6 equivalently equipped. They clear the house in 45-60 seconds, scream a couple questions, then bail. Afterwards, both times my cameras remain unlocatable, completely dark, for fifteen more minutes while Wi-Fi goes through a process where instead of the connect/disconnect loop when queried by my other devices it will connect for a few seconds then disconnect like the connection is healing, maintaining a connection a few additional seconds each time before disconnecting over the course of fifteen minutes. Fifteen minutes after the vehicles are gone: Cameras all connect like nothing happened, Wi-Fi normalizes and maintains the connections like any other time, all of this happens like clockwork. Now I'm a thirty-year old, highly educated American, ergo. fully aware I have no actual rights and that the immediate future holds almost no hope for improvement of any kind. That doesn't confuse me at all but what does is the situation with my cameras and Wi-Fi. Does anyone have any insight into how exactly this amount of control is being exerted over a system such as this, because I'm completely at a loss???

Looks like some Brazil type movie (but you may be too young to know that movie), man ! 😮

Well they just disable wifi by interfering on the frequencies it uses... Wire the cams 😛 

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

Sounds like a simple Wi-Fi jammer.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Possibly a deauth attack. Look into PMF (Protected Management Frames) as an option on your wireless. Your clients have to support it too. WPA3 also requires PMF so if you can set that then you’d have it enabled.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: