Need an appraisal and advice on wtf to do with this thing

aisle9

CPU: Xeon E3-1241 V3 (basically an i7-4790 w/no iGPU)

GPU: AMD RX550

SSD: 480GB SanDisk

RAM: 8GB

Case/PSU: Inwin BK623, 300W Inwin SFX PSU (not bad, not great, good enough for the job)

I've got it listed for $180, already come down a couple times with no bites. I'd assumed based on pricing around here that $200 was reasonable for that system, but I'm guessing the old case and the Xeon are turning people away some. Do I have it priced a bit too high? Is it even worth selling at this point, or should I just keep this thing and bask in the glow of this oddball retro-ish system that I have absolutely no use for?

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

1 minute ago, aisle9 said:

Do I have it priced a bit too high?

It looks like, yes

1 minute ago, aisle9 said:

s it even worth selling at this point, or should I just keep this thing and bask in the glow of this oddball retro-ish system that I have absolutely no use for?

You COULD turn it into a server. But you might already have one

What you should do is sell all the parts individually 

(all prices buy it now)

Xeon - $65

8GB dual channel DDR3 - $25

InWin case - $20

300W psu - probably $20 too, maybe a bit more

rx550 - $40

480GB SATA SSD - $15

All in all it would be about $185

But due to the specs it doesn't 'look' like a great deal

If you sell all the parts individually then you'll probably have a better chance of selling everything 

For example, I listed my first 10100f, h510, gt 1030, terrible case and 8 gigs of ram for about 160 pounds. No takers but I put everything up individually and boom, everything, even the shit GT 1030 DDR4! version sold (the 1030 sold for about 35 pounds)

I'd sell everything individually (maybe bundle the case and psu but if it doesn't sell then just sell them both individually)

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

Old/low end stuff doesnt sell unless its dirt cheap, that isnt dirt cheap. I personally have a R3 3100, 16G, GTX970 system going to sit in the corner do nothing. Just because I would rather have a computer sit there do nothing and loose value instead of selling it for $200-300.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18