Latency on Bluetooth earphones.

Gat Pelsinger

As you might have known, I am really frustrated of my earphones dying so quickly. I've gone through 5-6 earphones in the last year, and more before. So, I've decided to spend some time and buy a very good quality earphone or a headphone that will last longer. But, before that, my eyes law upon the wireless Bluetooth earphones and wireless Airpods I have.

Their sound quality is really good, but because they communicate via Bluetooth, they have a lot of audio delay, which is definitely noticeable and bothering. How do I minimize this delay? But even if I did minimize it, the delay is still there, so there is no workaround? Maybe, can I attach it via USB? I tried that, but that only charges them (not Airpods), can't communicate. Also, at least for stuff like YT videos, how is there no audio-video sync feature? Where the video playback will be delayed if there is a delay in audio?

Also, apparently my sound adjustments like equalizers don't work on Bluetooth devices, which is kind of sad. Any workaround, maybe a third-party tool?

Microsoft owns my soul.

Also, Dell is evil, but HP kinda nice.

What device are you using to transmit the audio? Modern bluetooth headphones like Airpods have gotten the latency pretty good, so I'd only really expect a noticeable delay if you were using an older device that only supports an old version of bluetooth. 

7 minutes ago, Hensen Juang said:

so there is no workaround?

no

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Well when you use an Pc, Laptop as source you can add or remove an delay in VLC so everything sound in sinc.

From AT. :x

On 8/5/2023 at 3:59 AM, Hensen Juang said:

As you might have known, I am really frustrated of my earphones dying so quickly. I've gone through 5-6 earphones in the last year, and more before. So, I've decided to spend some time and buy a very good quality earphone or a headphone that will last longer. But, before that, my eyes law upon the wireless Bluetooth earphones and wireless Airpods I have.

Their sound quality is really good, but because they communicate via Bluetooth, they have a lot of audio delay, which is definitely noticeable and bothering. How do I minimize this delay? But even if I did minimize it, the delay is still there, so there is no workaround? Maybe, can I attach it via USB? I tried that, but that only charges them (not Airpods), can't communicate. Also, at least for stuff like YT videos, how is there no audio-video sync feature? Where the video playback will be delayed if there is a delay in audio?

Also, apparently my sound adjustments like equalizers don't work on Bluetooth devices, which is kind of sad. Any workaround, maybe a third-party tool?

What device are you using them on? I use Bluetooth with my Macbook Pro and have noticed no issues with headphones, mice or keyboards. I notice no delays when watching videos on my Macbook. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.