Front Panel Connecter Cables

Curtisaoneill

Hello everyone, I've moved all my parts to a new case and I'm having trouble with the front panel connecters on my new case. I'm just not sure which cables go where, it's my first time changing cases. 

For reference, my motherboard is a Lenovo LGA1151 DDR4. It's not clearly marked with JP1, USB etc. 

My old case had all the cables in one but my new one has a few. Please see pics for reference. 

I've managed to find the correct pins for the HDD +- to get light on the power button (yellow block of pins), but the pc won't turn on. I'm also waiting on a new PSU to try trouble shooting.

IMG20230802092506.jpg

IMG20230802092548.jpg

IMG20230802092624.jpg

IMG20230802092641.jpg

You can find the power on switch with a flathead screwdriver or something similar to that. 

Just touch two pins at a time with the screwdriver for a second and see if computer starts, if it does that's the power switch pins. 

There's no risk of damage, the headers only have pins for leds (too low power to cause any problems by shorting the pins with screwdriver) and switches.

Searching for "lenovo front panel header pinout" I got this thread :  https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/Front-Panel-Connector/m-p/5074918

image.png.93a7b5c7b658b5d71e2ab9f8e67c5459.png

Otherwise just assume the pinout is similar to any computer motherboard, and try with the standard patterns, here's a random image from google for example : 

image.png.13db34390f9869de4304bda2587f671e.png