Dedicated tech standards forum

GeorgeB123

Would be nice if there was a dedicated tech standards forum that would be dedicated to topics about new/old/modified standards that are announced by IEEE, IETF, IANA, etc.

Since there's no centralized newsletter on the internet that's just about standardization news you can subscribe to and receive a weekly newsletter, I would be interested in at least having a forum for it.

It's a bit like the news section but with way less subjective posts, speculative news and mishmash of different tech-related topics and just good old boring standardization posts you can fall asleep to or give up on tech haha.

Definitely not going to be a viral one, most people don't fancy reading RFCs, but still, I'd be nice imo.

Couldn't you just post threads to General Discussion and we could see how active discussion would be?

Creating subforum doesn't create content.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

11 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Couldn't you just post threads to General Discussion and we could see how active discussion would be?

Creating subforum doesn't create content.

Would a pinned thread in Tech News work? I feel like when "tech standards" are changed it counts as tech news. Though I'm not sure how pertinent those changes are to the average user or most of us on this forum for that matter.