New Samsung Odyssey Neo G7 has strange vertical bars flickering in some conditions.

ClassiCorey

Hello. I just got a Samsung Odyssey Neo G7 today, but it seems like there's an issue with it that I haven't been able to solve yet. When displaying some content, there are thin bars that rapidly appear and disappear. Sometime's they're just dim, and sometimes they almost look oversaturated. I have attached a video to this post demonstrating what I'm talking about. 

I have noticed this issue while watching YouTube videos from DougDoug, North of the Border, and Hardware Unboxed. The issue was present in all three. I can also see this issue while playing videogames. I have observed it in Hunt Showdown and Halo Infinite. I have tried toggling each setting in my monitor's OSD, and even fiddling with the Display settings in Windows.

It's also worth noting that I've tried five different DP cables, and four different HDMI cables that have been verified to work on other displays without this issue.

Do you have another PC at hand or at a friends house you can hook up? That would at least allow you to narrow it down to a PC issue or a monitor issue.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

On 7/21/2023 at 12:25 AM, Stahlmann said:

Do you have another PC at hand or at a friends house you can hook up? That would at least allow you to narrow it down to a PC issue or a monitor issue.

Yeah. I plugged it into my brother's HP desktop, and it seems like it has the same issue.

2 minutes ago, ClassiCorey said:

Yeah. I plugged it into my brother's HP desktop, and it seems like it has the same issue.

Then i'm pretty sure it's a problem with the monitor itself. Update it to the newest firmware. If you already did that, you'll have to go throught the RMA process and get it repaired or replaced.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

9 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

Then i'm pretty sure it's a problem with the monitor itself. Update it to the newest firmware. If you already did that, you'll have to go throught the RMA process and get it repaired or replaced.

Okie dokie. Unfortunately Samsung doesn't offer any firmware updates for this monitor. I tried to have a tech come in and repair it, but they #1 told me it would cost me $270 to repair, and #2 have refused to get back in touch to schedule a repair. Very frustrating experience. Let's see if I can actually get a return on it... Thank you for your help.

1 hour ago, ClassiCorey said:

Okie dokie. Unfortunately Samsung doesn't offer any firmware updates for this monitor. I tried to have a tech come in and repair it, but they #1 told me it would cost me $270 to repair, and #2 have refused to get back in touch to schedule a repair. Very frustrating experience. Let's see if I can actually get a return on it... Thank you for your help.

Is it a new monitor? Then return or RMA

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price.