Play roms on N64 Console?

airborne spoon

Over the years a lot of my cartages for my N64 have disappeared… moving every year or 3 for the Army will do that. I still have a few of my absolute favs like goldeneye, and the 2 Zelda games but the res, for the most part I've not been able to keep track of.

I have a crapload of roms but they are a PITA to play on the computer with the keyboard or a standard controller because of how different the N64 controller was than everything else.

Is there a way to play my roms on my actual N64 and use my proper N64 controller to play them? Because I've tried to rebuy my games but some the price is absolutely absurd like Conker's Bad Fur Day going for like $300 used.

there a usb to n64 controller adapter...

there a way to do it but cost alot and well i cant really talk about it 🤭

30 seconds on the gool or tubes "roms on xxx😉 system"

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

3 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

there a usb to n64 controller adapter...

there a way to do it but cost alot and well i cant really talk about it 🤭

30 seconds on the gool or tubes "roms on xxx😉 system"

Are we not supposed to talk about roms? I thought it was just stuff like where to download roms was no-go. I just wanna play them. But I'll see what I can find on Google 🤷‍♂️😂😂

23 minutes ago, airborne spoon said:

Are we not supposed to talk about roms? I thought it was just stuff like where to download roms was no-go. I just wanna play them. But I'll see what I can find on Google 🤷‍♂️😂😂

You can buy cartridges that take SD cards, like Everdrive 64

EverDrive 64 buying guide: everything you need to know | N64 Today

22 minutes ago, airborne spoon said:

well i dont really no what i can talk about or not so best to just be vary vag.

99.9% of roms people dont own the game... but i get it. cost alot to buy and some you cant buy... and well there the rom hacks but i think thows need the original rom to be patched...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

1 hour ago, airborne spoon said:

because of how different the N64 controller was than everything else.

They make N64 controllers for the PC. Only picture I have handy up on my web server at the moment:

controllers.jpg

I have a USB version (common and cheap), works fine.  I also have a wireless BT version (Not pictured).  Much better feel, works great, higher quality, made.by 8BitDo (rare though and hard to obtain). 

The EverCart is the only thing available for N64 that will be able to do that efficiently.  But they have slowed in production.