please help! ryzen 3 3300x to 5 5600 on asrock b450m pro4?

I want to get a 5 5600 to replace my 3 3300x . But i will need to update my bios from P3.90 to P5.30 for the 5600 to work with my motherboard. Do I need to go from 3.90 to 4.20, to 4.30, and so on until I reach 5.30? I know this is a dumb question but I am asking this because some BIOS updates in the description say

"*Caution!!! Please do NOT update this BIOS if 3300X CPU is being used on your system. *ASRock do NOT recommend updating this BIOS if you are going to use Pinnacle, Raven or Summit Ridge CPU on your system.  *Before updating this BIOS, please also read the description in previous BIOS version."

It says this in  the 4.90 and 5.00 description.

Also a few add on questions, what is the "CPU Rev." column that the 5600 has nothing in?, and if i'm updating my bios should I just update it to the newest version, or is that not recommended?

I wrote this badly but the main thing I was trying to ask is, will it be fine updating my bios from 3.90 directly to 5.30 with the 3 3300x in it before I replace it with my 5 5600 that I will get? 

also i know this isn't the right topic forum thingy, but might as well kill two two birds with one stone. i'm planning to upgrade my gpu to the RX 6700 xt as well. with the R5 5600 bottleneck it or vice versa?

Screenshot2023-07-12110302.thumb.png.b85afee820377d16ca4c75313db3a9df.pngScreenshot2023-07-12110608.thumb.png.bfcb05e77266046ca59bbc2717571c32.png

Screenshot2023-07-12111651.png.0ec141a2335fc30ace1bb7528394eb1d.png

Typically you only need to do incremental bios updates if it specifically tells you too. In the update description it will say if it recommends updating to a prior version before hand or not. If it doesn't specifically say to do an update prior to the one you want to do or on any in between the newest and where you are at, you can typically just update straight to the newest available version without issue.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

3 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Typically you only need to do incremental bios updates if it specifically tells you too. In the update description it will say if it recommends updating to a prior version before hand or not. If it doesn't specifically say to do an update prior to the one you want to do or on any in between the newest and where you are at, you can typically just update straight to the newest available version without issue.

While I would agree I would also say that it saying not to upgrade to the bios version of you are using a 3300x makes it seem like it might be safer to update to the bios that can allow for the 5600 but doesn't have such a disclaimer. My guess is that it just means that if you update to that version the board will no longer support the 3300x or some other issue will arise. With that being the case it's not like you really need the newest bios so upgrading to on that supports the 5600 but also doesn't have such a disclaimer seems like the way to go imo. 

3 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

While I would agree I would also say that it saying not to upgrade to the bios version of you are using a 3300x makes it seem like it might be safer to update to the bios that can allow for the 5600 but doesn't have such a disclaimer. My guess is that it just means that if you update to that version the board will no longer support the 3300x or some other issue will arise. With that being the case it's not like you really need the newest bios so upgrading to on that supports the 5600 but also doesn't have such a disclaimer seems like the way to go imo. 

Right, that's why I said to read the descriptions. My reply was an in general for bios updates and what is typical for them. Like I said Op will want to read the description of each and figure out the most up to date version that will work best for their set up.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

2 hours ago, bingchilling123 said:

*ASRock do NOT recommend updating this BIOS if you are going to use Pinnacle, Raven or Summit Ridge CPU on your system.

And none of your CPU falls in that category. 3300X is in Matisse family, part of the Zen 2. In terms of step you should do, you update to 4.60 (you can go directly up to that firmware version as Asrock isn't stating any of that as a requirement), and then install your 5600 and update to the latest.

For your GPU question, its currently one of the most popular sub 1k combination, so no.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

4 hours ago, SorryBella said:

And none of your CPU falls in that category. 3300X is in Matisse family, part of the Zen 2. In terms of step you should do, you update to 4.60 (you can go directly up to that firmware version as Asrock isn't stating any of that as a requirement), and then install your 5600 and update to the latest.

but it says on the cpu support list that the 5600 needs at least version 5.30? If I install the 5600 on 4.60 wouldn't it not work

12 hours ago, bingchilling123 said:

but it says on the cpu support list that the 5600 needs at least version 5.30? If I install the 5600 on 4.60 wouldn't it not work

Oh wait nevermind, even though it says the 5600 needs at least 5.30 to work 4.60's description says "supports 5000 series CPU." My fault