New 24/7 live stream issue.

I go to Youtube to get my subscription notifications via the blue dots, now LTT has no notifications on the subscription bar, it's just a live symbol.  The live symbol used to let me know when WANshow was on, now it's just always there and I no longer know if LTT has uploaded anything new.  I have to allow Youtube to push notifications to me outside the site to know if anything is new.  I don't do push notifications.  Is this a problem for anyone else or am I the only that cares about this?

I agree. It would have been better if they did the live stream on a separate channel IMHO. I know that wouldn't help them reach their goal with the live stream, but it just adds a little bit of annoyance for those of us who don't care about the stream at all. 

Phobos: AMD Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT 1030, 1TB Samsung SSD 980, 450W Corsair CXM, Corsair Carbide 175R, Windows 10 Pro

Polaris: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASRock X79 Extreme6, 12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 1TB Crucial MX500, 750W Corsair RM750, Antec SX635, Windows 10 Pro

Pluto: Intel Core i7-2600, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASUS P8Z68-V, 4GB XFX AMD Radeon RX 570, 8GB ASUS AMD Radeon RX 570, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO, 3TB Seagate BarraCuda, 750W EVGA BQ, Fractal Design Focus G, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

York (NAS): Intel Core i5-2400, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, HP Compaq OEM, 240GB Kingston V300 (boot), 3x2TB Seagate BarraCuda, 320W HP PSU, HP Compaq 6200 Pro, TrueNAS CORE (12.0)

I also agree that it's annoying that it's always at the top of my subscriptions. As someone who doesn't rely on push notifications this is simply in the way.

Maybe that's what they were aiming for to drive additional traffic from less active subscribers? Who knows...

The least intrusive way would be another channel.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

I was just looking to see if anyone else had posted this yet.

I also usually just look for the blue dot for new videos so having the channel always showing the live icon instead is rather annoying. See attached image if anyone reading this doesn't know about the blue dot I'm referring to.

image.png.7c652b49d1cf843ba6001e51e951bf42.png

I don't really like it either. I UNsubbed as a rash action cause i was irritated... I have since resubbed because i like your content. You could  run your own Cytube (or something like that) channel embedded on any of your websites, and not have to worry about problematic youtube chat. you could also host your own powerful chat with chat games and all the bots you could ever want.. and it wouldn't effect the people that don't want it, would also give functionality for voteskips and the ability to add videos from multiple channels.  

It would be nice if youtube treated it as a "background live stream" because of these issues. In my experience the fact that the logo now has the live icon permanently slapped on just means that I don't know when an actual live stream is on.

So i put my tinfoil hat on and did some thinking. I couldn't imagine anyone who knows the Youtube platform and runs a big channel would do this, (not one other channel i watch does this) then i realized Linus isn't the CEO anymore. Is this the first tone deaf decision by someone who doesn't understand the platform of many? And how does this bode for the future of the channel. I mean this is just an irritant, but how long before poor business practices corrupt the channel we all love?

Yeah, I found it so annoying how this is pushed in your face that I ended up unsubscribing from LTT and rely on the algorithm to let me know when there are new videos!

Seems like no one is interested up top, I'm unsubscribing too.  It defeats the purpose if I have to go directly to the channel just to see if anything is new, that means LTT is just wasting a space on my otherwise useful subscription bar.  I'll just look them up every once in a while to see if they've got anything new.  Thanks for the replies guys, usually I'm alone in my 1st world problems.

1 hour ago, The Joekenorer said:

Seems like no one is interested up top, I'm unsubscribing too.  It defeats the purpose if I have to go directly to the channel just to see if anything is new, that means LTT is just wasting a space on my otherwise useful subscription bar.  I'll just look them up every once in a while to see if they've got anything new.  Thanks for the replies guys, usually I'm alone in my 1st world problems.

You don't need to go to the channel to see if something new is up. That's what the "subscriptions" page is for. You know, where every single new video for every single channel you're subscribed to shows up chronologically.

And now a word from our sponsor: 💩

-.-. --- --- .-.. --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / -.- -. --- .-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. .

ᑐᑌᑐᑢ

Spoiler

▄██████                                                      ▄██▀

▄█▀   ███                                                      ██

▄██     ███                                                      ██

███   ▄████  ▄█▀  ▀██▄    ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄██   ▄████▄

███████████ ███     ███ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀████ ▄██▀ ▀███▄

████▀   ███ ▀██▄   ▄██▀ ███    ███ ███        ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███

██▄    ███ ▄ ▀██▄██▀    ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄███  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██

▀█▄    ▀█ ██▄ ▀█▀     ▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀     ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀

▄█ ▄▄      ▄█▄  █▀            █▄                   ▄██  ▄▀

▀  ██      ███                ██                    ▄█

██      ███   ▄   ▄████▄   ██▄████▄     ▄████▄   ██   ▄

██      ███ ▄██ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ███▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ██ ▄██

██     ███▀  ▄█ ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███ ██  ▄█

█▄██  ▄▄██▀    ██  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██  ██  ██

▀███████▀    ▄████▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀ ▄█████████▄

1 hour ago, Avocado Diaboli said:

You don't need to go to the channel to see if something new is up. That's what the "subscriptions" page is for. You know, where every single new video for every single channel you're subscribed to shows up chronologically.

Also known as the real YouTube home page.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to address our concerns once more regarding LTT's 24/7 livestream showcasing past videos. As fans of the channel, it's essential to express our thoughts constructively and respectfully. Here's a reminder of what has been bothering some of us:

1. Subscription Box Clutter: The constant presence of LTT's 24/7 livestream in our subscription box can be overwhelming, making it challenging to spot new videos from other creators we follow. We don't want to miss out on other great content just because of the persistent stream.

2. Impact on Live WAN Show: The WAN Show is undeniably a highlight of our experience as LTT fans. However, the continuous livestream of past videos has made it harder for many of us to catch the WAN Show live, which is something we deeply enjoy and value.

3. Redundancy in Accessing Past Content: We love LTT's old videos, and we can easily find them using YouTube's search function. Having a 24/7 livestream dedicated to past content feels unnecessary, as it duplicates the existing means of accessing older videos.

While expressing our concerns, let's also remember that LTT's team is constantly trying to cater to a wide range of preferences. They have given us fantastic content over the years, and we are grateful for that.

So, as we share our thoughts on this matter, let's keep the conversation positive and respectful. It's crucial that we find a balance that allows LTT to continue experimenting with new ideas while addressing the concerns of their dedicated fan base.

Let's engage with LTT on this topic, encouraging them to consider the impact of the 24/7 livestream on the aspects of the channel that we cherish. By maintaining open communication, we can work together to find solutions that benefit both LTT and its loyal community.

What do you all think? Let's keep the discussion going!

10 minutes ago, TheWonderCraft said:

I wanted to address our concerns once more regarding LTT's 24/7 livestream showcasing past videos. As fans of the channel, it's essential to express our thoughts constructively and respectfully. Here's a reminder of what has been bothering some of us:

1. Subscription Box Clutter: The constant presence of LTT's 24/7 livestream in our subscription box can be overwhelming, making it challenging to spot new videos from other creators we follow. We don't want to miss out on other great content just because of the persistent stream.

2. Impact on Live WAN Show: The WAN Show is undeniably a highlight of our experience as LTT fans. However, the continuous livestream of past videos has made it harder for many of us to catch the WAN Show live, which is something we deeply enjoy and value.

3. Redundancy in Accessing Past Content: We love LTT's old videos, and we can easily find them using YouTube's search function. Having a 24/7 livestream dedicated to past content feels unnecessary, as it duplicates the existing means of accessing older videos.

While expressing our concerns, let's also remember that LTT's team is constantly trying to cater to a wide range of preferences. They have given us fantastic content over the years, and we are grateful for that.

So, as we share our thoughts on this matter, let's keep the conversation positive and respectful. It's crucial that we find a balance that allows LTT to continue experimenting with new ideas while addressing the concerns of their dedicated fan base.

Let's engage with LTT on this topic, encouraging them to consider the impact of the 24/7 livestream on the aspects of the channel that we cherish. By maintaining open communication, we can work together to find solutions that benefit both LTT and its loyal community.

What do you all think? Let's keep the discussion going!

Merged to earlier thread about the issues with 247 decision. Some of your points are same as brought up. Including the subscribed box one. To which solution is to use Subscriptions page.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, TheWonderCraft said:

...I would really love to know how you have Youtube set up for settings and such, because I'm sitting here looking at my Youtube app and I'm confused as hell.

1.  I have maybe 2-3 dozen subscriptions (not gonna count them individually) and out of the ones who actually regularly post, I haven't seen a single issue.  I get at least 3-4 push notifications a day, and maybe one is LTT.  If I go to my Subscription page, I'm scrolling through dozens of videos, some LTT and many more not LTT, to see a single mention of the livestream.

2.  Impact on the WAN show?  I usually don't bother catching it live (I prefer to stream it podcast style later while driving or working) but I can guarantee you I get a weekly notification when it starts.

3.  Redundancy?  I'm sorry, but as respectful as possible, this is grasping at straws for a complaint.  Unless I'm missing something, nothing about the livestream is preventing you from watching old videos at your leisure in whatever manner you wish.  It would be like complaining that GMM is doing compilation videos of older episodes of their "Will it...?" series because you prefer to watch them one at a time.  Or like complaining that a sequel or a reboot to some older show or movie "ruined" or "killed" the old thing, as if you couldn't just ignore the existence of the newer thing.  Don't want to watch a live looping compilation?  Do like I do...and just don't!  Literally the only time I've loaded it was to see what it actually was, and then a couple times as a good test metric for a Chrome caching issue we've been battling at work to see if a particular Group Policy settled the issue.

Current Personal Rig

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X w/ Corsair H60 AIO   MB: ASRock B450 Steel Legend ATX  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600 (2x16)  GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 XC Gaming  PSU: EVGA 750GQ Semi-Modular  Storage: 500 GB WD Black M.2 NVMe + 1 TB 2.5" SSD  WiFi: TP-Link Archer TX3000E  Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mini  Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired  Monitor: Gigabyte G27FC 27"

• 3 weeks later...

I am glad i am not the only one who is bothered by this stuff