Review of Seiki's 4K TV, by CNET TV

Review of The Seiki SE50UY04

AMD 

Well, he wasn't really positive about it....

Intel i7-870  //  MSI GTX 670 PE       ///       Intel i7-4500U  //  GT720M

you can definitely say that  :), but hey you get what you pay for.  

AMD 

I just can't wait tell 4K T.Vs drop in price, so we can get name brand 4K instead of this off brand crap :(

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

This TV only does 4K at 30 Hz O.o ?

Since there is no 4K content out there yet, buying this early on really won't be helpful except for PC users. As more companies push 4K though, prices will come down and more content will be released for it. It's just going to take time.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

If the tv was brand name like sony or samsung, would they crash the market?

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

who knows  ;)

AMD 

I would love to play games on this TV, but at 30 hz? Even at 4k, that would be horribly choppy, and even though it would look like a TV experience, because you are used to seeing TV shows and movies in 24 FPS, then I guess if you were far away, you wouldn't have much trouble gaming. But, if you were up close, and you were coming from playing on a 60 hz or a 120 hz monitor, then you will notice the difference. However, is playing in 4k worth that much to you?

- winny3141 :D

System Specs: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Six-core CPU, AMD Radeon HD 6970 2 GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card, MSI 890FXA-GD70 Motherboard, Kingston Hyper-X 1600 MHz RAM, ADATA 128 GB MLC SSD, 2 TB HDD, Astec Dual 120 mm closed Liquid cooling Loop, Cooler Master 800W Silent Pro Gold (80 Plus Gold Certified) PSU, Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 Gaming Keyboard (Love me my Cherry MX Blue Switches), a Razer Taipan Gaming Mouse (8200 dpi 4G sensor FTW!), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Heh, Linus almost decided to buy this on the livestream when it was going on Groupon. Looks like he made the right decision not buying it :)

I can see the use for a 4K resolution on a computer monitor, but I don't think 50" is a practical size for working on. And even if you were going to use it for gaming, only 30fps, so from my pov, not a great product.

4K OLED FTW

AMD