What fans to review

Ssoele

I am going to do a comparison between multiple higher-end fans soon, but I am wondering what fans I should review.

The following fans I already have on my list:

Noctua

• NF-F12 PWM
  • NF-S12B PWM
  • NF-S12B redux-1200 PWM
  • NF-F12 industrialPPC-3000 PWM

Corsair

• SP120 PWM HPE
  • AF120 HPE

be quite!

• Shadow Wings 

Noiseblocker

• eLoop B12-P

Silverstone

• AP122

Please post the fans you think I should review together with these ones.

how can you review it spins they all bloody spin its all the same

:P

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

How about some Noiseblocker e-loop and Gentle Typhoons

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

SP 120 quiet editions (I use them, very quiet, you can compare their nose vs cooling to the HPE edition)

Gentle Typhoons

Be Quiet Shadow Wings

perhaps some cheaper fans? Aerocool or Akasa? Arctic

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Well cooler master hyper 212 evo is really popular. Every 2nd builder offers it. It would be nice to see how it compares to high end stuff.

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

How are you going to be testing them? It is not easy at all, and can be expensive unless you already have the characterization equipment needed. Take a look at Martin's fan roundups to get an idea.

I will be reviewing them on the following criteria;

• Packaging
  • Build quality
  • Sound levels
  • Airflow
  • Looks

Review those Corsair LED fans and those vegas ones!

The LED ones will perform the dame is the normal ones, the only difference are the LEDs.

NB eloop

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

• Packaging
  • Build quality
  • Sound levels
  • Airflow
  • Looks

Sounds good but remember that build quality can be deceptive and looks are subjective. I eagerly await your review.

How are you going to measure sound levels and airflow? If I can suggest this, try out air flow through a low FPI rad, high FPI rad and unobstructed if you can.

not everyone can afford 20 dollar fans, so i suggest we put in some fans that are cheap but silent and move lots of air

Like CM Sicleflow

They look nice, are cheap, available almost everywhere, can be used for rads, move lots of air and dont sound bad at all.

Sounds good but remember that build quality can be deceptive and looks are subjective. I eagerly await your review.

How are you going to measure sound levels and airflow? If I can suggest this, try out air flow through a low FPI rad, high FPI rad and unobstructed if you can.

And on a case.

Ssoele, on 13 May 2014 - 9:54 PM, said:

• Packaging
  • Build quality
  • Sound levels
  • Airflow
  • Looks

Can you get a smoke machine? Or any smoke source? I really wanted to see how the air being pushed by those fans.

Can you get a smoke machine? Or any smoke source? I really wanted to see how the air being pushed by those fans.

hmm, maybe we can do something else for testing that. like with thin papers on a stick so you see airflow

or less dense mesh or wire ( like garden mesh ) and put on light thin long peaces of paper / similar material

the same way they test airflow with for example cars n wings and stuff

lul my engrish nuot soo gut

<p>

• Packaging
  • Build quality
  • Sound levels
  • Airflow
  • Looks

Don't review on looks, that's opinion and can't be measured objectively. Also I think you should do noiseblocker blacksilent pros.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

not everyone can afford 20 dollar fans, so i suggest we put in some fans that are cheap but silent and move lots of air

Like CM Sicleflow

They look nice, are cheap, available almost everywhere, can be used for rads, move lots of air and dont sound bad at all.

And on a case.

He said he will be reviewing higher end fans.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

He said he will be reviewing higher priced* fans.

*Fixed

Well, we can do some enermax fans with aeronautical oil bearing.

And gelid fans.

And cougar.

And antec.

Or are those mid -priced fans?

You should take a look at Akasa Apache Blacks, I would like to hear other peoples opinions on them. I know they are less expensive than the fans listed here, but in my experience they're excellent.

I realised I talk a lot about Apache Blacks...

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

*Fixed

Well, we can do some enermax fans with aeronautical oil bearing.

And gelid fans.

And cougar.

And antec.

Or are those mid -priced fans?

No they are mid range fans. That's why If you started a thread asking for the best fans, you won't see them.

How about the silverstone ap123 fans, with the different sized blades on them?

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Manny Calavera, on 13 May 2014 - 10:11 PM, said:

hmm, maybe we can do something else for testing that. like with thin papers on a stick so you see airflow

or less dense mesh or wire ( like garden mesh ) and put on light thin long peaces of paper / similar material

the same way they test airflow with for example cars n wings and stuff

lul my engrish nuot soo gut

I like smoke better.Hehe. ;)  You can appreciate more on how the fans push the air