This Beautiful PC has an UGLY Secret…

Sveeno

Thanks to NexiGo for sponsoring this video! Get $50 off the NexiGo Iris at:

Website: https://viraln.link/NexiGoIris - Discount code: LTTxNexiGo

Amazon: https://viraln.link/NexiGoIrisAM

We’ve got our hands on a motherboard developed as a collaboration between bilibili creator APE and MSI. With a novel approach to cable management, is this the standard of the future?

Check out the MSI B650M DIY-APE Motherboard on Taobao: https://lmg.gg/CywjR

Buy an AMD Ryzen 5 7600X CPU: https://geni.us/XyQgu

Buy G.Skill Flare X5 6000MHz CL30 2x16GB DDR5 RAM: https://geni.us/ISAwLs

Buy a Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD: https://geni.us/7ODsao

Buy a Fractal POP Mini Air mATX Case: https://geni.us/TtXP0uE

Buy a Seasonic SnowSilent 1050W 80 Plus Platinum PSU: https://geni.us/GAny

Buy a Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4070 AERO Graphics Card: https://geni.us/qSiQ6K

Buy a Noctua NH-L12S CPU Cooler: https://geni.us/L1KzIw5

Buy a ASRock AMD Radeon RX 6950XT Graphics Card: https://geni.us/160ck9D

Purchases made through some store links may provide some compensation to Linus Media Group.

Fun fact: less than 10 seconds into the video Linus revealed my cable management

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

The are already accepted standards for the motherboards(atx, eatx, mini atx, itx,...) defining the size, placement of screw holes, size and placement of the I/O and PCI slots.

Can't motherboards and case manufacturers extend those standards to specify where to put the ports when 

They're in the back? 

I know it might end like https://xkcd.com/927/ but I'm sure they could do something... 

So your putting a special sauce mobo in a special sauce case so you can't see anything (since the mobo is covered in shrouds) of what was once the reason for putting in windows in computer cases that were perfectly o.k. without them......

Now i wonder how the back of the case would look like with perfect length cables, and 90 degrees adapters for nearly everything.

It would make a perfect clean look backside

╔═════════════╦═══════════════════════════════════════════╗
║__________________║ hardware_____________________________________________________ ║
╠═════════════╬═══════════════════════════════════════════╣
║ cpu ______________║ ryzen 9 5900x_________________________________________________ ║
║ GPU______________║ ASUS strix LC RX6800xt______________________________________ _║
║ motherboard_______ ║ asus crosshair formulla VIII______________________________________║
║ memory___________║ CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18 ______________________________________║
║ SSD______________║ Samsung 980 PRO 1TB_________________________________________ ║
║ PSU______________║ Corsair RM850x 850W _______________________ __________________║
║ CPU cooler _______ ║ Be Quiet be quiet! PURE LOOP 360mm ____________________________║
║ Case_____________ ║ Thermaltake Core X71 __________________________________________║
║ HDD_____________ ║ 2TB and 6TB HDD ____________________________________________║
║ Front IO__________   ║ LG blu-ray drive & 3.5" card reader, [trough a 5.25 to 3.5 bay]__________║
║ OS_______________ ║ Windows 10 PRO______________________________________________║
╚═════════════╩═══════════════════════════════════════════╝

The problem with these sorts of motherboards is exactly that they need to put their cables in the same spaces on the back, so that it doesn't end up being a situation where only certain cases work with certain boards. 

Gotta say that the sponsor integration really did them a disservice. Comparing a webcam, even one that's meant to be as nice as this one, to the normal LTT cameras really shows the webcam in a bad light. It just doesn't look good, even though I'm sure if the rest of the video was shot on a typical webcam it would have been the complete opposite story. I'm not sure which side of the deal this direction came from, but you'd expect a sponsor integration to be at least somewhat flattering... The real issue is that it harms the viewing experience, because suddenly you cut to seemingly important shots but we're unable to see the detail properly because we're comparing a webcam to the main shooters, and the difference is just night and day.

The back of the motherboard is completely crushed into black when it switches to the webcam, while the white of the case isn't balanced to the rest of the video, which is rather jarring and makes skin look washed out (though I appreciate the "as it is" approach over bullshots). It at least doesn't show as too overly processed, though perhaps that's because the predominately black and white video we were shown from it tends to hide that quite nicely, as we can see it's not particularly kind around the DIY-APE text on the motherboard's front or the text on the Fractal case fans. The display of the GPU and its installation really just seemed to be the webcam at its worst, seeming like it's slightly out of focus even, and it gives this sense that the hands just don't look right.

I like the idea of sponsor integrations that feel like they are pulling weight in a video like this, I just don't think it was the right matchup of product placement to video idea, and hope we'll see iteration on this in the future (the best way to sell a sponsor's product is to make us see how it's actually useful and good value, after all... so great concept, just didn't stick the landing this time).

Talk about priorities out of whack. Just no!

Lets see: Patent troll abuse potential is high. No mandate  to force DIY parts back to sanity and getting some GD perspective back, a bunch of standards and specs have been handed down...and most already ignored because f and u. The DIY and pc building platforms is one of the only ones i know puts up with how building a PC is done nowadays. I don't know if that's being conditioned to a bunch of bull, or some other psychological issues. But fact is before you chunk the parts into the back, and then hope no one patent trolls (they will), and hope that MOBO's need to fidget with RGB and pathological desire avoid quality of life on connectors and the MOBO: it's, frankly, dumb, upsetting, and disapointing that people who make PC's don't push for toolless options, and get rid of fragile plastic and bendable wires, with all kinds of levels of fickleness because reasons. But someone wants to push to have the connectors on the back before they can even get the connectors and wiring right and held balls first to a bunch of quality of life improvements. Some we had back in the day: color coded cables, a tool less variant of some flagship cases, or some niche ones, wires from the mobo to a set of ports in the case and someones in a box. Gateway and dell from what I remember did that back in the day. I thought acer tried.  Why put up with CPU's with a lot of pins going onto a small surface. Why not cartridge style? think about the gameboy advanced, and other small sized hand held. I don't know a single reason a CPU can't connect about like that.

ALL that stuff, IMO has to come, get proven they'll commit, and do it right for a while, then we can talk about part ports on the back vs front.

You know as a machinist I think Linux should hold the dremel the other way.

Thanks, I hate it. I can't even see the inside of my computer when it is under my desk and there is no way I'm getting rid of my Corsair C70...

Sometimes I think this is some kind of obsession that some people has...Must be excessively quiet, must not have visible cables, traditional green boards? not even dreaming.
Looks like people are always trying to find anything else on a desktop that isn't a desktop, like a smartphone. 🤔

Go ahead, I don't care...Just a thought that I had.

Made In Brazil 🇧🇷

19 hours ago, filpo said:

Fun fact: less than 10 seconds into the video Linus revealed my cable management

my ass cable management on 011D is so bad i cant close the back panel without bending it

Dont forget to mark as solution if your question is answered

Note: My advice is amateur help/beginner troubleshooting, someone else can probably troubleshoot way better than me.

- I do have some experience, and I can use google pretty well. - Feel free to quote me I may respond soon.

Join team Red, my apprentice

STOP SIDING WITH NVIDIA

Setup:
Ryzen 7 5800X3DSapphire Nitro+ 7900XTX 24GB / ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming / Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler / EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 / Lian Li Dynamic Evo White Case / 2x16 GB Kingston FURY RAM / 2x 1TB Lexar 710 / iiYama 1440p 165HZ Montitor, iiYama 1080p 75Hz Monitor / Shure MV7 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo / GK61 Keyboard / Cooler Master MM712 (daily driver) Logitech G502-X (MMO mouse) / Soundcore Life Q20 w/ Arctis 3 w/ WF-1000XM3

CPU OC: -30 all cores @AutoGhz

GPU OC: 3Ghz Core 2750Mhz Memory w/ 25%W increase (460W)

12 hours ago, themrsbusta said:

Sometimes I think this is some kind of obsession that some people has...Must be excessively quiet, must not have visible cables, traditional green boards? not even dreaming.
Looks like people are always trying to find anything else on a desktop that isn't a desktop, like a smartphone. 🤔

Go ahead, I don't care...Just a thought that I had.

LoL Yeah...prettymuch all this.

Tidy cables? I think I get that.   I agree though that where things go awry is having them basically part of the case, when they aren't. But that could  be a pretty awesome idea.

I'm curious to know, how many people actually care about how their computer looks? I'm a bit baffled by the glass side panels as it is.

Is the demand for clean and aesthetically pleasing builds as high as channels like LTT suggest?

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy