Locating installation path of Ubuntu Software store

Hello,

I have installed the Plex Media Server from the Ubuntu Software store. Now i want it to start on logon. For that I need to point the Startup Application app to the installation location of the Plex Media Server and I cannot find it in any way, shape or form. I have tried to list installed packages, tried  the which command and whereis command, no luck, as if such app does not exist while i have it open in front of me. Is there any other way I can find it or make it start on logon?

Thanks!

I suspect Ubuntu Software has installed Plex Media Server as a Snap, in which case I believe it will be installed under /snap/bin.

More information about Snaps: https://snapcraft.io/docs/getting-started

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

Usually binaries are stored in /bin or /usr/bin, however that's not the "right" way of doing what you want; you should instead start and enable the plexmediaserver service:

sudo systemctl enable plexmediaserver

sudo systemctl start plexmediaserver

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*