Watching CSI Vegas latest season , have one question I want to ask...

mrchow19910319

CSI was a really popular show in Asia back in the day. Of course we did not pay for any of the episodes and just download some torrents online. 

But I have one question though....because I am not from United States... do you guys think that there are some kind of "propoganda" or forced theme that is built into the show ??? 

Because for me it was like "yo,we are a family and we care about the city we are living in we'll do whatever it takes to solve these cases and everyone loves each other forever and ever" after a while, these kind of stuff kind of worn off on you and it starts to feel corny... like they have to force a happy endiing. Same with NCIS. 

Idk,,, that's how I felt when watching those shows... 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

Uh, it's fictional television.  

CSI was/is ultra popular in North America.  

Not everything is propaganda, that show had a very popular formula that got massive ratings, why would they bother to change it?  

Also, main characters did die Nd everything was not rosy at times. 

It's just what people want to watch. A CSI show following corrupt cops and a bad prosecutor might be interesting, but it would be a totally different kind of show without the same universal appeal. People like characters who are trying to do good, and happy endings.

22 minutes ago, thevictor390 said:

People like characters who are trying to do good, and happy endings.

True. 

1 hour ago, Heliian said:

Not everything is propaganda, that show had a very popular formula that got massive ratings, why would they bother to change it?  

I see... Thanks! 

I loved CSI.

NCIS, as well.

But, it's pseudo science, most of the time, and if you hate plot holes, fail logic, bad math, or super formulaic stuff... Maybe pass on it...

I mean, it was entertaining to watch, and it didn't really push any specific narrative, at least, not most of the time.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

As a Malaysian who watched it as a kid, uh...what propaganda??

It did fool me into thinking that forensic work can be done in a couple of days tops though. Won't get fooled again.

Noelle best girl

PC specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Deepcool GAMMAXX 400 V2 64.5 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: ASRock B450M Steel Legend Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard, BIOS P4.60
Memory: ADATA XPG 32GB GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
Storage: HP EX900 500 GB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, PNY CS900 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Video Card: Colorful iGame RTX 4060 Ti 16GB
Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE Bronze V2 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN881ND 802.11a/b/g/n PCIe x1 Wifi adapter
Monitor: Acer QG240Y S3 24.0" 1920 x 1080 180Hz Monitor

On 6/23/2023 at 3:34 AM, emothxughts said:

As a Malaysian who watched it as a kid, uh...what propaganda??

It did fool me into thinking that forensic work can be done in a couple of days tops though. Won't get fooled again.

real work places wont be like in the movies. there will be a lot of pushing around and dumping responsibilities on others, stuff like these happens everyday. not like in the movies where “ we are a family “ all the time. 

On 6/20/2023 at 8:59 AM, Heliian said:

It is copaganda. Which is propaganda but for cops. 

Propaganda does not mean its bad. 

You are right, it's a popular formula ever since Dragnet. Just with a pseudo-scientific edge which then was copied by other shows such as Bones. Does not change what that formula is. Doesnt mean you cant enjoy it.

On 6/26/2023 at 2:52 PM, starsmine said:

You are right, it's a popular formula ever since Dragnet. Just with a pseudo-scientific edge which then was copied by other shows such as Bones. Does not change what that formula is. Doesnt mean you cant enjoy it.

the other day i was browsing youtube there is a channel explicitly talking about copaganda and all the shows that are evolving around it. 

pretty interesting actually. 

You might like Emergency!. It's about a Los Angeles County fire department at the dawn of the paramedic program. Of course Johnny and Roy rarely lost a patient, but it isn't built on wall-to-wall character drama and us-vs-them tribalism like most of today's police procedurals. It has its share of corny banter with the Station 51 crew and the doctors at Rampart Hospital, but that's balanced with adventures saving accident victims and blowing up old warehouses in southern California.

There was even a Saturday Morning cartoon tie-in featuring teenagers in a van, because it was the '70s so of course there was.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

On 6/25/2023 at 11:52 PM, starsmine said:

I'm not sure I entirely agree.

There are a lot of instances where law enforcement is blatantly wrong, portrayed as antagonists, as well as several instances of blatant illegal stuff that the shows main characters do.

Police, specifically, are commonly portrayed as less educated, less capable, and less intelligent, as grunts instead of as intelligent investigators.

IA is commonly portrayed as malicious, as antagonistic to the main plot, even, and literally a block at doing good police work.

I really don't see CSI as copaganda. It's something similar, but certainly not that.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022