SFF GPU for Starfield?

GrogStache

SO yeah, I have a pretty unique SFF PC that I built around 2018, and I'm worried about those Starfield recommended specs. I can upgrade my CPU (currently a Ryzen 2600 - no "x") but I'm not sure what the SFF upgrade path for my MSI 1070 Aero ITX would be, especially considering that I really do need to stick close to the 175mm card length.

I also know we're not really "there yet" on what those Starfield requirements mean, but I thought now would be a good time to float the question to the hive mind. Anyone interested in giving advice?

There is an aero itx rtx 3060 which is probably your best bet. Reasonable upgrade over a 1070, same size.

Yeah, but is that gonna be enough for Starfield? I know it's one of the best SFF cards out there right now for sure, but I'm still worried about it.

Thank you both for the quick replies, BTW.

Edited by GrogStache
Propriety

Just now, GrogStache said:

Yeah, but is that gonna be enough for Starfield? I know it's one of the best SFF cards out there right now for sure, but I'm still worried about it.

They’re not gonna release a game that won’t run well on last gens most popular gpu. 

SFF is a very broad term given my ITX case can fit a 4090 FE.

I presume its length you may be lacking so a two-slot 4070 / 4070 Ti wont fit?

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

22 hours ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

SFF is a very broad term given my ITX case can fit a 4090 FE.

I presume its length you may be lacking so a two-slot 4070 / 4070 Ti wont fit?

Yeah, that's why I stipulated about sticking to the 175mm length. I'm actually gaming out of a Millennium Falcon that I converted into my PC case. You can see the clearance I'm dealing with in the 2nd and 3rd pics here.

20190613_142836.jpg

20190613_142912.jpg

20190612_235529.jpg

2 minutes ago, GrogStache said:

Yeah, that's why I stipulated about sticking to the 175mm length. I'm actually gaming out of a Millennium Falcon that I converted into my PC case. You can see the clearance I'm dealing with in the 2nd and 3rd pics here.

20190613_142836.jpg

20190613_142912.jpg

20190612_235529.jpg

As cool as that looks, I can't see a great deal of airflow either.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

Temps have actually been pretty good. The GPU has its own vent on the underside that it pulls air through. Both the cockpit and the dock hatch are pushing air out, and the vents on the top are for the CPU fan to pull air in through. There are also a couple small vents for the PSU fan on the underside as well. Turbulent, sure. Hot, not really 🙂