Nvidia's or Intel Arc's AV1?

Flux Azreal
Go to solution Solved by GuiltySpark_,

Back in March this was tested and frankly, the results are near as makes no difference for normal people. Extensive testing and benchmarking with VMAF. 

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-intel-nvidia-video-encoding-performance-quality-tested

Ld6C4mJrhXjSa9edaUJxgT.png

tFsN4ujWHjZWckNSbhxztT.png

11 minutes ago, Flux Azreal said:

In terms of quality, does Nvidia's Nvenc or Intel Arc's Encoder produce better quality using the AV1 codec? Nvidia states theirs is the best, is it true?

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-claims-to-have-better-av1-encoder-than-amd-and-intel

Or is there some benchmark online?

Benchmarks aside, its hard to beat $140 compared to $400 minimum.

ASRock Challenger Arc A380 Video Card A380 CLI 6G OC - Newegg.com

I picked up one of these and its surprisingly capable, even at gaming. Was able to do HoTS (high preset) and Diablo 3 (mix of high/med) at 4K 60-100 fps... Its in the PC that runs my TV currently. I've been itching to throw it in my main rig just to test it out in Diablo 4.

Ryzen 7950x3D PBO +200MHz / -15mV curve CPPC in 'prefer cache'

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+1000

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

1 minute ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Back in March this was tested and frankly, the results are near as makes no difference for normal people. Extensive testing and benchmarking with VMAF. 

Ld6C4mJrhXjSa9edaUJxgT.png

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-intel-nvidia-video-encoding-performance-quality-tested

Oh I see! I don't know how I've missed this, thank you so much!

31 minutes ago, Agall said:

Benchmarks aside, its hard to beat $140 compared to $400 minimum.

ASRock Challenger Arc A380 Video Card A380 CLI 6G OC - Newegg.com

I picked up one of these and its surprisingly capable, even at gaming. Was able to do HoTS (high preset) and Diablo 3 (mix of high/med) at 4K 60-100 fps... Its in the PC that runs my TV currently. I've been itching to throw it in my main rig just to test it out in Diablo 4.

You're right, I'm so happy intel joined the gpu market they're made something amazing, and I hope they continue evolving and making more stuff, I really want them to succeed!

9 minutes ago, Flux Azreal said:

You're right, I'm so happy intel joined the gpu market they're made something amazing, and I hope they continue evolving and making more stuff, I really want them to succeed!

I've almost bought this card several times. 

Acer Predator BiFrost Arc A770 Video Card Predator BiFrost Intel Arc A770 OC DP.BKCWW.P02 - Newegg.com 

I think it would be interesting to try it out, especially since at that price point, 16GB of VRAM isn't available from anyone else. Intel Arc's drivers have been getting refined more and more over time.

Ryzen 7950x3D PBO +200MHz / -15mV curve CPPC in 'prefer cache'

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+1000

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017