Fan speeds locked to a minimum of 30% (and they're loud)

David-Oaken
Go to solution Solved by Poinkachu,
23 minutes ago, David-Oaken said:

I have a 3080 (waterforce) which runs at 30oC (86oF) it rarely goes anywhere far from that as I'm only running 2x1080p monitors.
Problem is the fans appear to be locked to a minimum of 30% speed, and considering the amount of noise they make, it makes me wonder if they aren't the best quality.
Is there a way to enable a zero RPM mode? or, if I must, is there a way to swap them out for another set of fans?
Appreciate any help.

I can't find any info about whether there is a zero rpm feature for 3080 Extreme Waterforce  (I assumed this is your card model) or not.

If you want to swap the fans, I think most likely you will have to disassemble the waterblock and disconnect the fan cable.

And hopefully Gigabyte uses standard PWM fans with an adapter & splitter to the PCB instead of cables going direct to proprietary connector.

I have a 3080 (waterforce) which runs at 30oC (86oF) it rarely goes anywhere far from that as I'm only running 2x1080p monitors.
Problem is the fans appear to be locked to a minimum of 30% speed, and considering the amount of noise they make, it makes me wonder if they aren't the best quality.
Is there a way to enable a zero RPM mode? or, if I must, is there a way to swap them out for another set of fans?
Appreciate any help.

23 minutes ago, David-Oaken said:

Appreciate any help.

I can't find any info about whether there is a zero rpm feature for 3080 Extreme Waterforce  (I assumed this is your card model) or not.

If you want to swap the fans, I think most likely you will have to disassemble the waterblock and disconnect the fan cable.

And hopefully Gigabyte uses standard PWM fans with an adapter & splitter to the PCB instead of cables going direct to proprietary connector.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

Ye, looks like i would have to re-paste and everything if i wanted to just replace the fans. The older versions of the water force you could just remove the plastic shield on the other side without removing the water block, oh well, Thanks for the input.

Definitely isnt a way to zero RPM through the "official" methods, was just wondering if there was a way to force it some how.

Again, Thanks for the info.