Would these bottom fans help exhaust the GPU heat?

Hi guys!

Before anything, here's my config:

-5800x

-liquid freezer ii 360

-lian li lancool 216

So my idea was to keep the 2 front fans as an intake, set the top-mounted AIO fans as intake too, keep the rear fan as an exhaust (in case both this fan and the AIO cooler can fit) and, of course, the fan of the PSU as an exhaust (see the picture below for reference).

So here's the situation: I managed to find 2 additionnal fans, and I thought about adding them at the bottom of the case, as an exhaust, to evacuate the heat directly from the GPU.

Do you think it's a good idea to proceed this way? Would it be better not to place bottom fans at all?

Thanks for your answers!

216_1031-014.jpg

PSU leave as it is. Put all going in and the one on the back as it is. 

1 minute ago, Xkillerpn said:

PSU leave as it is. Put all going in and the one on the back as it is. 

Will the air coming from the bottom fans interfere with the GPU fans and cause some malfunctions? Like overspinning or just making the gpu fans stop?

20 minutes ago, KazerLight said:

I managed to find 2 additionnal fans, and I thought about adding them at the bottom of the case, as an exhaust, to evacuate the heat directly from the GPU.

Nope. I wouldnt, keep it as is.

Id rather have the gap for air to flow from intake to the rear holes of the case. Also, your PSU fan diagram is wrong, it intakes from the dust filter and then exhaust to the back.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

23 minutes ago, KazerLight said:

Do you think it's a good idea to proceed this way? Would it be better not to place bottom fans at all?

Thanks for your answers!

First turn your aio fans around as exhaust fans and turn the bottom fans as intake to give the gpu more air. And keep your psu as is

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

1 minute ago, SorryClaire said:

Also, your PSU fan diagram is wrong, it intakes from the dust filter and then exhaust to the back.

Ohhh I didn't know that, thanks for telling me! 🙂

Just now, filpo said:

First turn your aio fans around as exhaust fans and turn the bottom fans as intake to give the gpu more air. And keep your psu as is

I feel like everyone has their own vision of what's the best fan configuration. Makes it kinda hard to choose one and who to believe :')

3 minutes ago, KazerLight said:

I feel like everyone has their own vision of what's the best fan configuration. Makes it kinda hard to choose one and who to believe :')

As @SorryClaire said, it won't make much of a difference if you put the fans there or not. But if you have them as exhaust (the fans on the bottom) then you'll be taking air away from the gpu intake. If you already have the fans then put them on the bottom as intake. If not then just keep your config as is but turn the aio fans around as push exhaust

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

Thanks everyone! So here's the updated picture that takes in account everything you folks told me. Do you think the temps will be good with this setup? 😄

@SorryClaire I know you said you wouldn't put those bottom fans, but as shown below, do you think these fans would be useful, even if the improvement would be really minor?

216_1031-014.jpg

1 hour ago, KazerLight said:

Thanks everyone! So here's the updated picture that takes in account everything you folks told me. Do you think the temps will be good with this setup? 😄

@SorryClaire I know you said you wouldn't put those bottom fans, but as shown below, do you think these fans would be useful, even if the improvement would be really minor?

216_1031-014.jpg

I would just do without them, they aren't going to improve things. Just adds more sound to the case and I wouldn't be surprised if it made thermals worse (the rear one anyway). The one at the rear has no room to pull fresh air, so it's literally just grabbing whatever it can from a PSU that's generating its own heat.

I would just keep them as spares.

Parasoshill

adjective

• A person whose parasocial relationship with a social media influencer or content creator has driven them to promote or blindly defend them, acting as a shill for their benefit.

SImple as this, Psu is the psu leave it original. Now the Top rad you want fresh air so they will put air in, front fans will put air in, Fans down will feed the gpu with fresh air and they will make the air go up and into that read fan that will take all air out , you will have positive presure so dont worry. I have been doing builds for very long and I can say the more air going in the better.

23 minutes ago, Xkillerpn said:

SImple as this, Psu is the psu leave it original. Now the Top rad you want fresh air so they will put air in, front fans will put air in, Fans down will feed the gpu with fresh air and they will make the air go up and into that read fan that will take all air out , you will have positive presure so dont worry. I have been doing builds for very long and I can say the more air going in the better.

Thanks! Unfortunately, after noticing the small length of the fans cables that I want to install at the bottom of the case, I won't install them. But I'll keep your suggestion:

- AIO and front fans= intake

- rear fan= exhaust