New computer from maingear coming, basically its got a AIO. Never use one of those.

Gork

First time with an AIO is coming eventually. What're peoples experiences?

I gather to:

Check if it's on one of the sides, and has the feet? or bump things quite a few have on the bottom.

Can of air on the piece that looks like lego once a week.

Call maingear asap if the tubes get wet, because a leek is incoming, and that'd suck.

Also after about 24 months of use a replacement is a good idea because pump going boom is bad.

Do I have this right?

my 11 year old H60 AIo still work, none of my 7-8 AIO has died of "normal stuff" 

Rule of thumb is not to have the pump higher than the radiator inlet and outlet to avoid airlocking the impeller. Otherwise the AIO can be mounted vertically or horizontally in the case.

Make sure fan direction is optimal for your case setup, most by default will draw the air out of a case through a top grille and exhaust upwards.

I think the "bump" or "feet" you refer to are actually coloured thumbscrews holding the fans to the radiator. Most fans intake air from the logo label side and exhaust out the back (with the smaller voltage/current and regulatory info printed on it). Many fan shells/casings also have directional arrows embossed or printed on them to indicate rotation and direction of airflow through the fan.

No need to change an AIO every few years, I've been using the same Corsair AIO for about three years on my main system, no issues. Prior to that I used a different Corsair AIO, still mounted to my old mobo and going strong after eight years. If the pump starts making horrible noises you could choose to replace it, but they'll often make a small bit of noise depending on their temperature, optimum RPM and so on. Don't be alarmed by a small amount of mechanical noise during operation.

As AIOs are factory-sealed with no accessible fill or drain ports, they contain a water-ethylene glycol mix. Just occasionally check for obvious leaks, don't stress tubing joints or make too tight a bend radius, and make sure the pump is working ok. Monitor the fan, pump performance and liquid temperature with suitable software. Set custom fan speed curves based on the relevant temperature sensor as desired.

16 minutes ago, synergistftw said:

most by default will draw the air out of a case through a top grille and exhaust upwards.

and this is ofc the "hotter" way of doing it 😛 

11 minutes ago, synergistftw said:

Rule of thumb is not to have the pump higher than the radiator inlet and outlet to avoid airlocking the impeller. Otherwise the AIO can be mounted vertically or horizontally in the case.

Make sure fan direction is optimal for your case setup, most by default will draw the air out of a case through a top grille and exhaust upwards.

I think the "bump" or "feet" you refer to are actually coloured thumbscrews holding the fans to the radiator. Most fans intake air from the logo label side and exhaust out the back (with the smaller voltage/current and regulatory info printed on it). Many fan shells/casings also have directional arrows embossed or printed on them to indicate rotation and direction of airflow through the fan.

No need to change an AIO every few years, I've been using the same Corsair AIO for about three years on my main system, no issues. Prior to that I used a different Corsair AIO, still mounted to my old mobo and going strong after eight years. If the pump starts making horrible noises you could choose to replace it, but they'll often make a small bit of noise depending on their temperature, optimum RPM and so on. Don't be alarmed by a small amount of mechanical noise during operation.

As AIOs are factory-sealed with no accessible fill or drain ports, they contain a water-ethylene glycol mix. Just occasionally check for obvious leaks, don't stress tubing joints or make too tight a bend radius, and make sure the pump is working ok. Monitor the fan, pump performance and liquid temperature with suitable software. Set custom fan speed curves based on the relevant temperature sensor as desired.

Ah. I did not know those were coloured screws lol ^_^. Thanks man! I don't need to change the AIO every few years? That's good know., thanks!