Specs:

MSI Z590-A PRO

i5 11600K

RTX 3080

Fury 4x8GB 3600MHz CL17

be quiet! Pure Power 11 FM 850W 80 Plus Gold

Win 11

Problem:

When I turn my PC off from Windows everything goes well, but it stays off for around 5 seconds and then just starts to boot up again normally - no fallback to default bios setting / windows setting / nothing, just like I'd restart it.

It does not happen when I turn it off by clicking power switch - it shuts down and stays off.

I've spent few days trying to figure this issue out, but everything I could find was about the "quick startup" settings / "restart" settings / letting peri to startup PC etc. most of OS related things. I've tried that but it didn't help.

Today I have decided to troubleshoot with HW, so I was disconencting everything from the outside - didn't help - and from the inside. I've found out that after playing with RAM when default BIOS loaded everything was working properly - PC was not restarting. I have done the power cycles few times and then enabled XMP again - issue is seen again.

So with that new and marvelous finding I've found post from 2017 that someone had the same problem, but on Gigabyte's MB https://www.overclock.net/threads/xmp-causing-strange-restart-behavior.1636911/

It was solved by BIOS update, so I went ahead and tried to do the same. My current version is 7D09v18 2022-09-30 (the newest on MSI site) but the issue is still present when I enabled XMP...

I've ran out of ideas.

Has anyone faced that kind of issue on Z590-A PRO?