My screen keep flickering when I’m NOT playing video games in full screen…

Go to solution Solved by same_game_name,

A clean install actually makes things a bit harder because you can't rollback system updates anymore to pinpoint if it was a Windows update or Graphics driver update.

Luckily it might just be graphics driver and you can try installing an older driver to see if it becomes stable. I would try one of the 531 builds or one from around when you last think you updated and work up from there. Also make sure to do a "clean install" in the driver options.

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx

I went to vacation for around 10 days, and for safety reason I unplugged my computer so nothing can catch on fire. When I come home, I turned my computer. I saw there’s a GeForce Experience GPU driver update and a windows update, so I did both, and that’s where it all begins. After my computer restarted, my monitor start to connect and disconnect . When I open an app, or open a window, it just start to go on and off. But once I start to play video games in full screen, it all the sudden become normal. Once I’m done with the game, quit the full screen mode, it immediately start to do the connect and disconnect thing. I tried different DP cables, I reset the entire PC, nothing helps. Now I’m with a entire new windows, clean windows, as long as I clicked on browser or some other app, it still does the connect disconnect thing. At this point, I really don’t know if it’s hardware or software problems…I am so frustrated right now, I cannot work or game because it keep flickering on me before I can even start the game… Please help😭😭😭

image.jpg

A clean install actually makes things a bit harder because you can't rollback system updates anymore to pinpoint if it was a Windows update or Graphics driver update.

Luckily it might just be graphics driver and you can try installing an older driver to see if it becomes stable. I would try one of the 531 builds or one from around when you last think you updated and work up from there. Also make sure to do a "clean install" in the driver options.

9 hours ago, same_game_name said:

Omg thank you soooooo much. It really works! After I tried everything I can't believe it's actually Nvidia's problem. I went back to the previous version of the GPU driver and it immediately stop flickering. (sorry if my English is kinda weird, its not my mother language)