RTX 4090 Artifacting and OCCT WHEA Errors

Evil_Serban

I've started getting artifacting in BF2042, and at first I thought it could be just the game since I don't get any issues in Metro Exodus, BFV, Fallout 4, or GTA 5. But I decided to run a OCCT VRAM Test, that one was fine. But the 3D Standard test throws WHEA errors pretty quickly, usually about after 10-30 minutes. The artifacting in bf2042 is pretty rare, but the WHEA errors in OCCT are pretty consistent.

I have a ZOTAC AMP Extreme AIRO RTX 4090, I bought it two months ago.

I've tried DDU clean install twice. No overclock on the card at all, fully stock settings.I tried both driver 531.61 and the one released today 535.98

Is it time for an RMA?

Spoiler

OCCT Error 2.png

Spoiler

One.jpg

Spoiler

Two.png

Reinstall the card completely (out of the pcie connector, unplug power). It may be due to a poor connection.

59 minutes ago, Evil_Serban said:

The artifacting in bf2042 is pretty rare, but the WHEA errors in OCCT are pretty consistent.

Are you getting any WHEA BSODs or events in Event Viewer? I mean, it's most likely the GPU, but just to confirm. 

1 hour ago, Whatisthis said:

Reinstall the card completely (out of the pcie connector, unplug power). It may be due to a poor connection.

I will try this when I get the time to open up my pc, thanks for the suggestion.

8 minutes ago, Bjoolz said:

Are you getting any WHEA BSODs or events in Event Viewer? I mean, it's most likely the GPU, but just to confirm. 

I've not been getting any BSODs or even game crashes, however I checked and there are WHEA logs in event viewer. It mentions PCI express so that does help narrow it down, thank you

Spoiler

EventViewerWHEA.thumb.png.253bd085878515ceeefb42fba2ec35dc.png

4 minutes ago, Evil_Serban said:

I've not been getting any BSODs or even game crashes, however I checked and there are WHEA logs in event viewer. It mentions PCI express so that does help narrow it down, thank you

Yeah, that pretty much confirms it's the GPU (Tehcnically could be WiFi/NVMe, but with the other symptoms that is very unlikely). 

I checked the event viewer more thoroughly, looks like I've been getting the WHEA-Logger notifications since January 23rd. I've had 4 different video cards in my computer since then so I'm thinking it's not related to the artifacting in BF2042. I've gotten other visual glitches in the past in bf2042 on a 3090 so I wouldn't put it past the game just hating me.

I have an ASUS TUF GAMING Z790-PLUS WIFI D4. If I only have artifacting in bf2042 every once in a while it's not a big deal, but I'm curious to why I'm getting these messages. I've not had any bsods/crashes this year on this pc, my ram is also stable I tested it with memtest86 a few times already this year.

Spoiler

EventViewerWHEAJanuary.thumb.png.c03238ca604879c6872558e72a72f8d9.png

13 hours ago, Evil_Serban said:

I checked the event viewer more thoroughly, looks like I've been getting the WHEA-Logger notifications since January 23rd. I've had 4 different video cards in my computer since then so I'm thinking it's not related to the artifacting in BF2042. I've gotten other visual glitches in the past in bf2042 on a 3090 so I wouldn't put it past the game just hating me.

I have an ASUS TUF GAMING Z790-PLUS WIFI D4. If I only have artifacting in bf2042 every once in a while it's not a big deal, but I'm curious to why I'm getting these messages. I've not had any bsods/crashes this year on this pc, my ram is also stable I tested it with memtest86 a few times already this year.

Hide contents

EventViewerWHEAJanuary.thumb.png.c03238ca604879c6872558e72a72f8d9.png

Could be the port/lanes.