My CPU cooler is always at high speed even though my CPU temperature is low

3 hours ago, Mahdi87 said:

I'm trying to reinstall windows 11. honestly, I don't think it change anything at least not in the bios but worth trying, I guess.

Why are you reinstalling W11? You just need to get rid of Armoury Crate. If you're trying to "fix" W11, you're best off doing the "in-place" restoration by running it from within Windows.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 馃槈 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.馃お馃槀

8 hours ago, RevGAM said:

Why are you reinstalling W11? You just need to get rid of Armoury Crate. If you're trying to "fix" W11, you're best off doing the "in-place" restoration by running it from within Windows.

Well even reinstalling the windows didn't change anything, 11400f cooler works with more than 2800rpm (with Very small change at rpm)

1 hour ago, Mahdi87 said:

Well even reinstalling the windows didn't change anything, 11400f cooler works with more than 2800rpm (with Very small change at rpm)

did u install armoury crap?

2 hours ago, Mahdi87 said:

Which type of reinstall did you do?

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 馃槈 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

On 5/31/2023 at 11:13 AM, NorKris said:

did u install armoury crap?

I deleted the Windows partition and then installed Windows 11 without armory crap (lol), still have the same issue with the 11400f stock cooler. I'm sure the cooler is defective. I don't understand why Intel made such a good CPU and still uses the worst聽cooler on it.

by the way that is not my only issue, the 11400 stock cooler heatsink does not have a smooth surface on the heat sink which scratched my CPU's IHS. Do you think this could have any bad impact on my CPU (i5-11400f)? Right now the temperature of the CPU package is around 40 C, CPU: 38C in idle time. Is this a normal temperature?

I deleted the Windows partition and then installed Windows 11 without armory crap (lol), still have the same issue with the 11400f stock cooler. I'm sure the cooler is defective. I don't understand why Intel made such a good CPU and still uses the worst聽cooler on it.

by the way that is not my only issue, the 11400 stock cooler heatsink does not have a smooth surface on the heat sink which scratched my CPU's IHS. Do you think this could have any bad impact on my CPU (i5-11400f)? Right now the temperature of the CPU package is around 40 C, CPU: 38C in idle time. Is this a normal temperature?

What's your room temperature?

Sounds like it's time to replace the cooler.聽

How bad are the scratches?

3 hours ago, RevGAM said:

What's your room temperature?

Sounds like it's time to replace the cooler.聽

How bad are the scratches?

the scratch is very small (I don't know how to describe it, its looks like two dot that close to each other)

room temperature is around 30c

I run CinebenchR23 (as you can see in the screenshot) for 10 minutes.

and I replace the CPU cooler with a 10100f stock cooler.

the second screenshot is from running聽CinebenchR23 on a single core and the temperature you see is the highest temp that the CPU reach

I turned off asus enhancement 2.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Just now, Mahdi87 said:

I run CinebenchR23 (as you can see in the screenshot) for 10 minute

and i replace the cpu cooler with 10100f stock cooler.

1.jpg

the scratch is very small (I don't know how to describe it, its looks like two dot that close to each other)

I run CinebenchR23 (as you can see in the screenshot) for 10 minutes.

and I replace the CPU cooler with a 10100f stock cooler.

the second screenshot is from running聽CinebenchR23 on a single core and the temperature you see is the highest temp that the CPU reach

I turned off asus enhancement 2.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

So, the delta T is only 8-10 degrees? Not to worry then.聽

A tiny mark? Shallow?

57 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

So, the delta T is only 8-10 degrees? Not to worry then.聽

A tiny mark? Shallow?

which one is important (or more important), the CPU package temperature (which has the highest temperature) or just the CPU temperature?

about that scratch:聽

here is the photo of the 11400f stock heatsink that caused the scratch (the scratch on the CPU's IHS is the size of that)聽

鄄郯鄄鄢郯鄱郯郾_鄄郾鄣酃鄄鄄.jpg

u take another fan and connect it to the header聽 馃槷

4 hours ago, Mahdi87 said:

which one is important (or more important), the CPU package temperature (which has the highest temperature) or just the CPU temperature?

They are from 2 different CPU sensors, one below and the other above, if I remember correctly. They are equally important so average the temperature.

4 hours ago, Mahdi87 said:

here is the photo of the 11400f stock heatsink that caused the scratch (the scratch on the CPU's IHS is the size of that)聽

Personally, I suggest that you either sand that out, or get a real cooler.聽 馃槈 The thermal compound should fill the scratch, just don't be stingy with it.馃憤 馃憣

16 hours ago, NorKris said:

u take another fan and connect it to the header聽 馃槷

of course, what is wrong with that?

2 minutes ago, Mahdi87 said:

of course, what is wrong with that?

u have not done it聽馃

14 hours ago, RevGAM said:

They are from 2 different CPU sensors, one below and the other above, if I remember correctly. They are equally important so average the temperature.

Personally, I suggest that you either sand that out, or get a real cooler.聽 馃槈 The thermal compound should fill the scratch, just don't be stingy with it.馃憤 馃憣

it doesn't worth sanding the 11400f stock heatsink since I had a 10100f stock cooler with its heatsink, which has a smooth surface on the heatsink.

so doy think that kind of scratch is problematic or not?

6 minutes ago, NorKris said:

u have not done it聽馃

I don't follow, what do you mean? I have not done what?

I don't follow, what do you mean? I have not done what?

image.thumb.png.4989300c50ed7a33b77d528812055f4f.png

8 hours ago, Mahdi87 said:

it doesn't worth sanding the 11400f stock heatsink since I had a 10100f stock cooler with its heatsink, which has a smooth surface on the heatsink.

so doy think that kind of scratch is problematic or not?

No. Replace it with a legit heatsink, use a liberal amount of compound, and you'll be fine.聽