Weird graphical glitch on display LG 27UL600, when having "youtube" open

darknessblade

Hello, I have this really weird graphical glitch that happens at complete random during normal use, and at random intervals during scrolling [on a different monitor] [slow scroll, middle mouse button scroll, and Page-up/down buttons]. 

It is a lightly static black/gray bar that randomly appears around the top of my display [LG 27UL600] that happens over the FULL width of the display.

The bar is always on a consistent position and does not change even if I scroll down, since the taskbar is also affected it does not look to be a browser related issue.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.2499f4a93e2be9627dbde37b132e465f.png

What I already have tried:

-Reset monitor settings to default settings

-Re-seat the DisplayPort cables (NÖRDIC DPDP-N2030 [3Meter])

-Turn off AMD freesync
-Re-seat the Ram memory

-Re-seat the GPU

-Re-install GPU drivers/set settings to factory default

-Update other hardware drivers

System specs:

CPU Ryzen 9 7900 [Non-X variant]
MB: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS
GPU Powercolor Red devil RX7900XT
RAM CMK32GX5M2B5600C36
SSD: samsung 980 pro
PSU: Corsair RMX 850
Display LG 27UL600

-Note: XMP/EXPO is not enabled, other than having TPM disabled, I have not changed much else in the BIOS settings.

-Note: I have not overlocked my GPU, I did underclock it as much as I could without crashing the GPU driver. from my testing it runs stable under FULL load without any noticeable issues.

As for those asking why underclock the GPU: Because I want to decrease its power consumption [power consumption decrease under full load: 200+ watt. Total performance loss: 5%]

Does anyone know what causes this glitch, or how I can solve it,  a quick google search does not give the answer I am looking for, since those issues do not match what I am experiencing with my system.

-The only consistent relation to the glitch, is that the glitch happens most of the time when I have a youtube page open/video running on either of my monitors.

It could just be a issue of a faulty display-port cable, but before I needlessly replace hardware, I would first like to find out if it is caused by anything software related.

╔═════════════╦═══════════════════════════════════════════╗
║__________________║ hardware_____________________________________________________ ║
╠═════════════╬═══════════════════════════════════════════╣
║ cpu ______________║ ryzen 9 5900x_________________________________________________ ║
║ GPU______________║ ASUS strix LC RX6800xt______________________________________ _║
║ motherboard_______ ║ asus crosshair formulla VIII______________________________________║
║ memory___________║ CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18 ______________________________________║
║ SSD______________║ Samsung 980 PRO 1TB_________________________________________ ║
║ PSU______________║ Corsair RM850x 850W _______________________ __________________║
║ CPU cooler _______ ║ Be Quiet be quiet! PURE LOOP 360mm ____________________________║
║ Case_____________ ║ Thermaltake Core X71 __________________________________________║
║ HDD_____________ ║ 2TB and 6TB HDD ____________________________________________║
║ Front IO__________   ║ LG blu-ray drive & 3.5" card reader, [trough a 5.25 to 3.5 bay]__________║
║ OS_______________ ║ Windows 10 PRO______________________________________________║
╚═════════════╩═══════════════════════════════════════════╝

4 minutes ago, darknessblade said:

As for those asking why underclock the GPU: Because I want to decrease its power consumption

turn off your underclock as well

4 hours ago, emosun said:

turn off your underclock as well

As I stated before, I already tried resetting it to factory defaults when re-installing the drivers. even with default settings it still happens.

4 hours ago, emosun said:

does it go away if you close the browser

As it happens at full random intervals, it is quite hard to test this.

Will test with having "EDGE/a different browser" open on the other monitor, to see if it still happens. [might take some time to respond, as I cannot predict when or how it happens]

║__________________║ hardware_____________________________________________________ ║
║ cpu ______________║ ryzen 9 5900x_________________________________________________ ║
║ GPU______________║ ASUS strix LC RX6800xt______________________________________ _║
║ motherboard_______ ║ asus crosshair formulla VIII______________________________________║
║ SSD______________║ Samsung 980 PRO 1TB_________________________________________ ║
║ PSU______________║ Corsair RM850x 850W _______________________ __________________║
║ CPU cooler _______ ║ Be Quiet be quiet! PURE LOOP 360mm ____________________________║
║ Case_____________ ║ Thermaltake Core X71 __________________________________________║
║ HDD_____________ ║ 2TB and 6TB HDD ____________________________________________║
║ Front IO__________   ║ LG blu-ray drive & 3.5" card reader, [trough a 5.25 to 3.5 bay]__________║
║ OS_______________ ║ Windows 10 PRO______________________________________________║

48 minutes ago, darknessblade said:

Will test with having "EDGE/a different browser" open on the other monitor, to see if it still happens. [might take some time to respond, as I cannot predict when or how it happens]

basically just need to narrow it down to software or hardware , if something like a program closing makes it go away then we can assume most likely a software problem

17 hours ago, emosun said:

basically just need to narrow it down to software or hardware , if something like a program closing makes it go away then we can assume most likely a software problem

Will have to check.

Might take a few hours, or a few days, since it happens at full random intervals, so I cannot instantly know if Closing [ie: program_xxx solves it].

Currently running my PC with "edge" open on the other display, to see if it still happens.

Edit: Even with Edge the same graphical glitch still happens, so It does not look to be caused by my browser.

--------------------------------------
I have also checked the event-viewer to see if that gives any more insight.

Based on the time it happened last time [photo], I checked the event viewer.

And the only thing listed that happened around that timeframe (10 minute buffer zone) was:

Process C:\Program Files\Avast Software\Avast\aswToolsSvc.exe (process ID:4724) reset policy scheme from {  OldSchemeGuid }
Changed to: NewSchemeGuid {schemeguid}

Will also check application events, to see if something correlates to the issue.

Edit 2: checked every application/service log, right after I encountered the glitch. and there does not look to be anything notable at all.

The only application/service logs  [3 minute buffer zone] would be from:

-Microsoft-Windows-AppXDeployment/opperational

-Microsoft-Windows-CloudStore/opperational

-Microsoft-Windows-Crypto-DPAPI/opperational

-Microsoft-Windows-HelloForBusiness/opperational

-Microsoft-Windows-StateRepository/opperational

-Microsoft-Windows-Store/opperational

did you close the browser and did the glitch go away

31 minutes ago, emosun said:

did you close the browser and did the glitch go away

The glitch does not go away if I close the browser.

It is not exclusive to the browser, as I had the AMD adrenalin software open during gaming, just to see what would happen, and I still get the glitch on the other display, and a few rare times on the main display

Small update:

I even encounter the bug with everything closed. [main monitor]

Not sure but maybe this is related:

https://old.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/comments/13hci3l/i_got_this_message_what_do_i_do/

Though I have not had any issues with the AMD adrenalin software not working.

I do notice that it happens more often after I wake the PC from sleep.

When I do a reboot [shut down/restart] the issues disappear for a while. and return after the PC wakes from sleep.

Which makes me think its more of a software issue.

The only thing that would come to mind would be that its a remnant from when I installed my pc, and had Hardware issues [Bad/DOA ram memory]