Old CD/DVD jewel cases

aisle9

I finally got around to shrinking my retro game collection down some. First, I finally walked away from XP and am instead running 32-bit Windows 7 for my retro gaming needs, which means there's now one less computer in my life. And second, I finally moved all of my retro games from their jewel cases into a binder to shave off bulk and weight. Of course, now I have a stack of dozens of retro game jewel cases to part ways with.

Am I a horrible person if I throw them all in the trash?

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

I went through that last year. It isn't counted as normally collected plastic recycling where I was, and I'm too lazy to find anywhere that would take it as such. So regular trash it went.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

A while back I ditched the PC game boxes I was holding on to. Those really do take up a ridiculous amount of room, and it seems like a very limited amount of people really want that stuff. Now the jewel cases and such, I keep. They honestly protect the disks better. I also still have the artwork and such that came with them as well this way.

Not that I ever plan on selling things from my collection, but if I did, having the cases and such I think would make it much easier, and more valuable if I ended up with something valuable in my collection. 

Personally I know the jewel cases take up room, but I would keep them if you are able. 

33 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Am I a horrible person if I throw them all in the trash?

No ...

you would be a horrible person if you dumped them in the woods or out the window driving along the highway

Those cases being particularly easy to break, no. If the discs are safe and stay safe, doesn't matter where they are. Personally I might scan leaflets too. Those are history at this point, box art isn't coming back. Which is why I'm also sad that we threw away old boxes from late-90s era years ago.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Those cases being particularly easy to break, no. If the discs are safe and stay safe, doesn't matter where they are. Personally I might scan leaflets too. Those are history at this point, box art isn't coming back. Which is why I'm also sad that we threw away old boxes from late-90s era years ago.

I kept the inserts for anything interesting and/or including a guide, and I still have the boxes for most of the games. My greatest regret is tossing most of my old PC Gamer demo discs a couple of years ago. I still have 25-ish, but I had at least 50

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Are they plastic cases or the old Cardboard ones? 

The plastic ones you can usually take the paper out and stick in the binder. 

That said, I'm never giving up my Morrowind case. 

mITX is awesome! I regret nothing (apart from when picking parts or have to do maintainance *cough*cough*)