Tesla Model X prototypes on the road by the end of 2014

sparkle128

According to Tesla Motors latest quarterly report released on May 9, Tesla Motors expected to have something on the road by the end of the year.  The delays are said to be due to design improvements. The prototype is expected to be better than what was originally seen back in Feb 2012. So will be interesting to see if any new tech or larger battery capacity will be introduced!

This is the second delay of production. Originally they expected some deliveries at the end of 2013.  The last update was expecting to have some by the end of 2014.  Now its just a rough estimate of the 2nd quarter of 2015 for ramp up of production.  Well this isn't fun? When can we expect deliveries to begin? I've contacted Tesla Motors personally and had a call back on Friday that my question is a good one and that it's been forwarded to management. Got to love a company that phones people back.

I've been waiting since Feb 2012. Been a little painful wait, so I decided I can't wait any longer to be driving a 100% electric car). So I went to the new Vancouver Store on Friday and bought a demo model they had available. I get to pick it up sometime mid to late this week. Now I have a new tech toy to play with until I get the biggest tech toy of my life!

P.S. LMG do you check your email? Hint.. Hint...

Model3TrackerModelXTracker / @ShuttleAkajor: 2017 Tesla Model X P100D

You Sir, have an extortionate amount of money.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

Review it? if you have time for it ofcourse, 

im trying to convince my dad that he should buy a model S, but he always says no :(

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

You Sir, have an extortionate amount of money.

no hating on those who choose to use their money for decent reasons (IE, all electric cars)

also, I don't believe extortionate is the correct word here.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

exorbitant*

Thanks for that. :)

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

Review it? if you have time for it ofcourse, 

im trying to convince my dad that he should buy a model S, but he always says no :(

Yes, I believe this deserves a review so much tech (I got the tech package)! I will try if I have the time.  Was great to be able to say I'm driving a 100% electric car. In fact I went to the No Embridge Pipeline rally yesterday with a little sign. "No Gas, No Oil, No Problem!"

Yes, I believe this deserves a review so much tech (I got the tech package)! I will try if I have the time.  Was great to be able to say I'm driving a 100% electric car. In fact I went to the No Embridge Pipeline rally yesterday with a little sign. "No Gas, No Oil, No Problem!"

id love to know the functionality of the mid console with its 17" inch screen,

me and my dad have agreed that it's probably a bit annoying when going over bumps and youre trying to turn the volume down, or something like that, but you cant hit the button because of the bumps

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

lol not really though

It's quite subjective, I understand that, and I'd definitely buy a Tesla if I could afford it. It is a large sum of money though. (the cost of a Tesla)

On another note, I would definitely love a review on the touch screen and how well it interacts with other devices.

id love to know the functionality of the mid console with its 17" inch screen,

me and my dad have agreed that it's probably a bit annoying when going over bumps and youre trying to turn the volume down, or something like that, but you cant hit the button because of the bumps

The steering wheel on the Model S have programmable analog controls as well for that.  In the Model X they are mini programmable touch screens! 

thats awesome, ill never buy a brand new car however, tax is added so 20% extra, the second i buy it, i dont even have to drive it and the price drops buy 20%, anyways buy the time i can get a driving license and the money to get a car it should be second hand.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

The steering wheel on the Model S have programmable analog controls as well for that.  In the Model X they are mini programmable touch screens! 

thats another thing i have a counter argument for now, thanks dude, 

just the range and charging time is an argument now, 

itd be nice to have a model S, but my dad has to many arguments :(

looks like it will be a mazda CX-3 then 

Personally, I have my eye on the Toyota FCV (Fuel Cell Vehicle). 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

It's quite subjective, I understand that, and I'd definitely buy a Tesla if I could afford it. It is a large sum of money though. (the cost of a Tesla)

On another note, I would definitely love a review on the touch screen and how well it interacts with other devices.

true true but at 70k $ ( give or take) in a global scale i'd say the price for that car is average+ and for the type of vehicle 

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883