Can a gaming pc be used for digital art?

Can I use a gaming pc for digital artwork such as webtoon or Detailed illustration work or 3D projects through Blender and still run something like Doom Eternal at Ultra or Cyber Punk 2077 at its max without losing anything?

A pc is a pc. It can do more than one thing no problem BUT you have to get the correct hardware for that.

I built mine focus first on 3d work and play later. Since I overbuilt it for 3d work I ended up with a overkill gaming pc too 馃槢

Basically the same as elsewhere. If you are going to be hauling a ton of materials all the time in your car you shouldn't get a sports car but a van.

What are the specs of the system?

There really isn't such a thing as a gaming PC. There are just pcs that are powerful enough to play games. If you make a pc designed to play games and do art work then you should be fine. I would look at what hardware works best for the programs so long as you have a decent cpu and gpu you should have no problem playing games.聽

Jaslion My current build is old, and it's a prebuild Walmart pc but here the specs:

Windows 10 Home Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor 4.00 GHz RAM: 8GB Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050聽

I haven't figured out a budget yet, but any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks, Brooksie359 for your reply as well.

1 hour ago, EldraziLord said:

Jaslion My current build is old, and it's a prebuild Walmart pc but here the specs:

Windows 10 Home Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor 4.00 GHz RAM: 8GB Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050聽

Well without a budget it's hard to really have any recommendations as suggestions would change depending on the budget.聽

-> Moved to New Builds and Planning

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 hours ago, EldraziLord said:

remember to quote or use the mention function to get a response from someone. Hard to say without the entire spec or the model of said prebuilt, you havent mentioned region of purchase (presumably US), nor budget.

@jaslion

Press quote聽to get a response聽from someone! | Check people's edited posts!聽|聽Be specific!聽| Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

7 hours ago, EldraziLord said:

That'll do fine already for illustration. Blender just will need patience if doing detailed rendering.

This isnt too dissimilar to my starting pc for your tasks in 2014. I did concept art and 3d game modelling on it as well as vfx work. It did the job. Not the greatest but it did the job.

A budget is needed as without one there is little I can recommend you.

Just with a system like that I simply advice a full replacement for gaming as the cpu is just flat out bad and a gtx 1050 is close to what it can power without a big bottleneck

Short answer: Yes

Long answer: Yes, a PC is a PC. Different tasks have different needs, and what you need and what you want for the tasks you do depends on what performance is acceptable for you.

Case in point: I'm using Photoshop, SAI, Vegas and FL Studio on a (mostly) 2013 machine build for gaming.

Would a faster PC render quicker? Absolutely. Would it apply filters quicker? Yes.

Am I in a position where it is critical to have the stuff done quicker? No. So I'm fine with how it performs.