Computer loses internet intermittently until a reboot. USB devices also randomly fail to connect at boot.

Hello all! My computer recently started losing internet connection (kind of) intermittently. I say kind of, because windows still thinks it has internet, and any page that I'm already on doesn't stop working, it just stops loading new pages. At first, I thought it was my built in ethernet port on my motherboard, since I also have issues with some of the usb ports on it, and I think the USB controller on the MB might be going bad because plugging in one device sometimes causes the others to stop working. Since then, I purchased a PCIe ethernet card and the problem is still present.

My PC:

ASRock x370 Killer SLI/ac

Ryzen 1700x

NVidia 3080 Founders edition

Realtek 2.5g lite PCIe LAN card

PCIe USB 3.0 card

Windows 10 pro, up to date, recent fresh install

Also probably relevant, I use Edge for web browsing. I've tried wiping the cache, doesn't seem to help. Any ideas are appreciated, I'm about to lose my mind and wipe the drive again :D

what happens when you pull out the PCIe LAN and USB cards? this sounds like an issue i had on my unraid box where pcie devices would flake out (presumably due to power limitations)

21 hours ago, manikyath said:

what happens when you pull out the PCIe LAN and USB cards? this sounds like an issue i had on my unraid box where pcie devices would flake out (presumably due to power limitations)

Unfortunately, I was experiencing the same issue with the internet before installing the LAN card. Good shout on the USB card though, I'll try unplugging that and see if the ports on the motherboard start working again. I suspected a power problem at one point, and upgraded to a 1000 watt PSU. Should have the juice.