Should I start planning now to leave asus products

houndy515

I’ve been following the whole overvolting thing so should I be getting readie for my board to fail over time?

84D5E1F2-C2D8-42EA-8F52-5D1D0530B101.jpeg

F602870F-6564-4C39-8EF3-F37D7AC2B73A.jpeg

I just like some guidance on what I should do to be prepared for the inevitable

For now just keep your eyes and ears open, I suspect Asus will not be like MSI and don't want that huge hit to their reputation and will make it right.

As someone who just built AM5 system two weeks ago myself , with Asus motherboard , i'm on a same boat.

Undervolt your CPU vsoc to 1.3v for now to be 'safe'. Newer 'BETA' bios does that automatically in theory but in practice you need to watch your voltages yourself.

From what i understand main issue is with EXPO enabled. You can disable that and run RAM at default speeds for a while. See what Asus is going to come up with.

P.S Clean your monitor please.... 😄

GPU : RTX 3070 Gaming X TRIO | CPU : Ryzen 5 7600 \ COOLER : Deepcool AK620 | MOBO : ASUS TUF Gaming B650 Plus | RAM : Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 16GBx2 6200 MHz \ Storage : Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 1TB \ PSU : Corsair TX750M | CASE : Be Quite! Pure Base 500DX Black

7 minutes ago, houndy515 said:

I’ve been following the whole overvolting thing so should I be getting readie for my board to fail over time?

Turn off all the overclocking and EXPO, set everything to default, and wait until ASUS releases an actual, valid BIOS update that fixes the issue.   

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X  | Motherboard: ASROCK B450 pro4 | RAM: 2x16GB  | GPU: MSI NVIDIA RTX 2060 | Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S | SSD: Samsung 980 Evo 1T 

Okay I set expo back to auto for my ram now which one of these do I manually set to 1.3?

image.jpg

Just now, houndy515 said:

I think this is it

image.jpg

No, the one you want to set manually is the SOC voltage. You don't actually want to set a negative core offset, that will either cause instability or for the performance to tank for no reason. Leave the core voltage on auto with no offset, set the SOC voltage to override mode and set it to either 1.2V if you leave EXPO enabled or 1.0V if you don't. 

3 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

No, the one you want to set manually is the SOC voltage. You don't actually want to set a negative core offset, that will either cause instability or for the performance to tank for no reason. Leave the core voltage on auto with no offset, set the SOC voltage to override mode and set it to either 1.2V if you leave EXPO enabled or 1.0V if you don't. 

Wasn’t the issue that the cpu core voltage was peaking too high?

Just now, houndy515 said:

No, the issue was SOC voltage being set at the CPU too high. The issue with the core voltage is that once the CPU had died, the VRM doesn't have an overcurrent protection and would shove enough current into the CPU to blow up the substrate. Neither of those issues will be fixed from a core voltage offset. 

2 minutes ago, houndy515 said:

No, it was the SoC voltage as @RONOTHAN## just said above.