My first PC build - RTX 4080

TGA DJ

Hi all,

This is my first PC build, and I had a decent budget, but upped it from £2,000 to £2,400 so I could up-spec from a 13600K to a 13700K, and from an RTX 4070Ti to a 4080.

Spec:

Montech Sky Two (fantastic case, easy to build in, and great price)

I7-13700K (overclocked to 5.5GHz)

Palit Game Rock Midnight Kaleidoscope RTX 4080 (overclocked)

MSI MAG Z690 Tomahawk WiFi

MSI MAG Coreliquid 240R V2 AIO

MSI MPG A850G 850W ATX3.0 PCIe5 PSU

Corsair Vengeance DDR5 5600 32GB (2x16GB)

Kingston Fury Renegade PCIe4 SSD 1TB

Coolermaster Cryofuze Violet

and an additional Samsung 1TB PCIe 3 SSD from a previous laptop.

I'm thrilled with it - it came in about £20 over budget, but I paid a bit extra for white components to fit my theme.

I run two 4k monitors (AOC AG324UX and Philips 32M1N5800A), and I've been playing games at 4k 100+ fps, so very happy.

The side and PSU shroud fans are Montech reverse fans, and airflow seems good, with CPU temps idling at 35C and peaking at just 85C under load, and 55C when gaming. GPU never goes higher than 61C even under load.

When I first tried to turn it on I had fan lights but no POST - rejiggled my connectors (over the space of 45 minutes) before it finally worked, and it has been fine ever since (MOBO light indicated a boot drive issue). Other than that, I've had no issues. (oh, apart from I forgot to remove the plastic from my AIO heat spreader, had an overheating CPU, and didn't realise why until I bought the Cryofuze paste to reapply hahah - rookie mistake!)

Be kind, it's my first build!!!

20230418_184208.jpg

8 hours ago, TGA DJ said:

Hi all,

This is my first PC build, and I had a decent budget, but upped it from £2,000 to £2,400 so I could upgrade from a 13600K to a 13700K, and from an RTX 4070Ti to a 4080.

Spec:

Montech Sky Two (fantastic case, easy to build in, and great price)

I7-13700K (overclocked to 5.5GHz)

Palit Game Rock Midnight Kaleidoscope RTX 4080 (overclocked)

MSI MAG Z690 Tomahawk WiFi

MSI MAG Coreliquid 240R V2 AIO

MSI MPG A850G 850W ATX3.0 PCIe5 PSU

Corsair Vengeance DDR5 5600 32GB (2x16GB)

Kingston Fury Renegade PCIe4 SSD 1TB

Coolermaster Cryofuze Violet

and an additional Samsung 1TB PCIe 3 SSD from a previous laptop.

I'm thrilled with it - it came in about £20 over budget, but I paid a bit extra for white components to fit my theme.

I run two 4k monitors (AOC AG324UX and Philips 32M1N5800A), and I've been playing games at 4k 100+ fps, so very happy.

The side and PSU shroud fans are Montech reverse fans, and airflow seems good, with CPU temps idling at 35C and peaking at just 85C under load, and 55C when gaming. GPU never goes higher than 61C even under load.

When I first tried to turn it on I had fan lights but no POST - rejiggled my connectors (over the space of 45 minutes) before it finally worked, and it has been fine ever since (MOBO light indicated a boot drive issue). Other than that, I've had no issues. (oh, apart from I forgot to remove the plastic from my AIO heat spreader, had an overheating CPU, and didn't realise why until I bought the Cryofuze paste to reapply hahah - rookie mistake!)

Be kind, it's my first build!!!

20230418_184208.jpg

turn the two fans on the side around as intake fans as well as the bottom one for equal air pressure instead of negative air pressure

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

the bottom fan is going the wrong way? and would put 2 fans

same with the side fans

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

12 hours ago, Masters2150 said:

Missed opportunity not putting a NH-D14 in there and making it look like a meteor.....

they dont sell a d14 anymore...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

8 hours ago, filpo said:

turn the two fans on the side around as intake fans as well as the bottom one for equal air pressure instead of negative air pressure

They are reverse fans, so they're providing air intake - the rear and AIO fans are on extraction duty.

3 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

the bottom fan is going the wrong way? and would put 2 fans

same with the side fans

It's actually a reverse fan drawing air into the case. I was going to get an extra fan for the base, but Montech don't sell them in the UK yet and airflow will be limited as the other mounting point is directly above the PSU. Tempted to replace all of the fans eventually but I quite like the look of the Montech fans, and they're nice and quiet.

• 4 weeks later...